Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2011, 05:53 PM   #21
CRUZIN 2

Thermostat Bug

I also am thanking you, i hope we here from them also!!

LARRY & LAVONNE HUMMEL
Full-Timer
GMC Sierra 3500 DRW D/A Denali 2011
ALPINE 2013 3535RE
CRUZIN 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:48 AM   #22
mikell

I've been busy building a railroad at our park and with the weather haven't wanted to mess with the thermostat. With that said Janet tried to program it and said there was a problem. Probably made in China like most junk. I work in product devolopment I can say that. So yes our thermostat is a problem. Our 5er was built 3 -10
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:21 AM   #23
DocData757

I was able to program the thermostat and it worked correctly except for the noon/midnight issue. Are you having problems other than that? I have to admit, it was a bit tough getting through their 'manual' learning how to program it initially.
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:15 PM   #24
CRUZIN 2

Thermostat Bug

DocData 757

Dave, what have you found out on the thermostat, we will be leaving the RGV in about 5 weeks. So would like to get something done.

Thanks Dave

LARRY & LAVONNE HUMMEL
Full-Timer
ALPINE 2013 3535RE
Old 03-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #25
DocData757

I was told that Dometic acknowledge the flaw and was creating a new batch of thermostats. Keystone told me they have a list of the RV VIN's and will contact all the owners when the new thermostats are available. They said that woud be about a month and a half or mid April.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:49 PM   #26
CRUZIN 2

Thermostat Bug

Dave

Thanks for the speedy reply, and info.

LARRY & LAVONNE HUMMEL
Full-Timer
ALPINE 2013 3535RE
Old 04-16-2011, 12:05 AM   #27
Dave and Lynn

Dave, Thanks for working on this problem. We pick up our new unit tomorrow and I will certainly test mine out. I am assuming that a newly built unit will have one of the new thermostats, but am going to check anyway.
Thanks,
Lynn
Dave and Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:12 AM   #28
DocData757

Sure hope so. Good luck!
Old 12-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #29
CRUZIN 2

Thermostat Bug

This is an old thread but, I was wondering if this bug problem has been addressed yet. We are still having the same problem with ours, can anyone help us out?

LARRY & LAVONNE HUMMEL
Full-Timer
ALPINE 2013 3535RE
Old 12-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #30
DocData757

The bug was fixed but to do so you have to have not only the thermostat replaced but the circuit card in both roof units. Mine has been done and it works as it was intended.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #31
Festus2
Site Team

Larry:
By the looks of these recent posts, it doesn't appear as though any solution has yet been found. If someone on here has had this problem addressed and solved, they haven't posted the answer to date.
(Whoops, it appears as though the above post might just answer your question. You might send a PM to Dave for further details)
Old 12-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #32
DocData757

The details could be misleading. I found and reported original issue and hounded them until they acknowledged the fault. I got them to send me a new thermostat but when I installed it, it was worse than before. It didn't recognize the equipment installed in my camper. It thought I had zones 1 & 4 and did not find the heat pump, auto and other items. It was a mess.

So, it was back to the phone with Keystone describing the issue. I was put over to a technician who figure out that the new thermostat did not match the circuit cards in the AC or Heat pump. I was able to get them to send the cards to me probably only because they had already sent the thermostat. The cards were a pain in the butt to replace but I got them swapped out and everything worked as it was supposed to. I don't recommend anyone trying to do this themselves unless they have worked on similar items before this.

A dealer should be able to do this.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #33
CRUZIN 2

Smile Bug is gone

Dave

Thanks for your help and info. I had a Dometic tec man work on our thermostat that had a bug in the program. They sent out a new thermostat but like you said it was worse, back on the phone to Dometic and they sent out two new boards one for the AC/HP and one for the bedroom AC, and used the new thermostat. Now it works great like it was designed to work.

Thanks again Larry

LARRY & LAVONNE HUMMEL
Full-Timer
ALPINE 2013 3535RE
Old 03-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #34
DocData757

Very glad to hear this!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #35
Mr755

Build date March 23 Montana 3582 RL

I certainly hope this problem has been resolved. Only problem so far is three bad tires.
Mr755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:53 AM   #36
Jim_VaBeach

Smile

My Dometic thermostat still confuses me. In March when the nights got down pretty cold and the heat pump could not keep up, we woke up with the temp inside in the 50's. I thought when the heat pump could not keep up, it automatically went into the furnace mode. I do not use the Program 1 or Program 2 mode, I use the Auto mode. I had my dealer look at it and he had Dometic on the phone and the lady told him that the furnace will not come on automatically in the auto mode unless it gets down below 30. That is not good folks. Then the Lady said her Boss told her to send me a new thermostat and a board for the heat pump. No mention of a board for the a/c unit also,, hmmmm. Now that really confused me as I thought there may not be a problem after all. In any event, the thermostat and board were installed this week while the unit was in storage. I will see how it performs this coming weekend. Naturally it will not be cold enough now to see if the furnace comes on in the auto mode when the unit cannot keep up. I also wonder if the thermostat will see my forward a/c. Other than a possessed thermostat from hell, I love my Alpine.
Jim_VaBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:15 AM   #37
DocData757

I've never used the auto mode. I favor using gas for heat and have never had a problem.

Now, when they swapped out my thermostat I had to replace the boards in both AC and Heat Pump. When I initialized the thermostat (per the manual), it did not recognize my zones or equipment. So, when you get the equipment and install it, you will quickly see if it is going to recognize anything else.

Good luck!
Old 05-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #38
mikell

We used Auto mode all winter and only a few times the furnace came on. The heat pump worked to about 28 as long as it was dry out as in not too humid because the automatic defrost system seemed to work hard to keep up. I think we had once or twice this spring where the system seemed confused and we switched to furnace.
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:52 AM   #39
Smitty43

Can any of you tell me where to find a manual on how to use the thermostat.
My packet came with the little quick guide, but it says nothing about how to program it or how to switch it to manual operation. I looked on Dometic website but didn't see a download for a operating manual.---Smitty
Smitty43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:02 AM   #40
geo

Smitty43 -

Send me a PM with your email address, and I will send you a pdf of the thermostat manual. The pdf file is 550 KB which is too large to upload.

Also, the Moderators usually do not like cross-posting questions. There is an excellent reason for this - you get your question answered in one place where others may benefit whereas the other post may garner other information. When you inquire, please inquire in only one thread and subject area.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote