Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
bob and joyce

failing decals off warranty

Hi everybody. Just came across this forum, thought it would be good to share experiences with fellow keystone owners.

We bought a 2008 315RL F.W., really like the trailer, have had good experiences with Keystone thus far, problem is a number of our decals are curling up and actually tearing. Front decal and some of the side decals.

Told by Keystone to contact the decal manufacturer (Burlington) about getting replacement decals. (and to try to get them replaced under warranty). Trailer now off warranty, and the dealer we bought from went out of business this year. Keystone says the installation of the decals are on our own account.

Wonder if anyone else has had this type of issue? Would appreciate any input folks may have.
bob and joyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Bob and Joyce: First, welcome to the Forum! Second, there are members who have similar problems to yours regarding the decals. In some cases, they have peeled off prior to the expiration of the warranty and in others, like yours, after it is off warranty. Some have found replacement decals from Keystone or their supplier only to find that they have again peeled. Not sure about what others have done. If you do a search of this forum for "decals" , "peeling decals" or similar, you will find posts describing their situation. I am just guessing but I recall there being more posts about the problem rather than the solution - which is often the case. If you do find an answer to your decal problem, we would appreciate hearing about it.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:08 PM   #3
bob and joyce

Thank you for your response. Glad I come across your forum, will be sure to check back often.
bob and joyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #4
grive2400

Decals

2010 Passport Ultralite - Same issues - Front safety decal peeling off. Also the decals for the dump station / Grey / Black water also peeling off. They are relatively cheap to re-purchase, but a pain since its a new unit. Luckily, we won't have to worry about that come Monday. We have traded our unit for a completely different make and model. I will not purchase a Keystone produt again. Customer service from them has not been the most helpful.

Todd G.
grive2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:15 AM   #5
campingcpl

I've had the same peeling problem on a couple of different units not just Keystone. And it has been different manufactures of the decals. My units have been glass and not metal so I don't know if it might be the prep that is the problem. I'm pretty sure everyone gets the glass from the same place (Global Glass). Most of the decals I've had peel have been mostly on the front of the units.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:36 PM   #6
riggsp

We have a 2009 Outback 5th wheel and the front decals are peeling (we've had it less than a year)...I contacted the dealer and they wanted me to bring it in so they could replace them...long story short, I opted to have the decals sent to me so I could replace them myself...the dealer is great to work with, just trust my work more than their service dept...they would have kept it 3 weeks (to verify the problem, order the parts, receive the parts, schedule the repair, and then do the repair)...since the dealer is over 100 miles away, I chose to do it myself, and warranty did cover the cost of the new decals...we'll see how long these last.
riggsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:43 PM   #7
Norcalrockhunter

I have an 2010 Fuzion and the Fuzion its less then a year old and is still under warranty, the decal that says Fuzion on the side of the unit is peeling off, I did not notice this but a fellow RVer did and showed it to me, to my surprize I couldn't believe it, anyways I took pictures of it and will be calling for a replacement decal soon, I would hope it being the name of the trailer there (brand) Keystone would be in a hurry to replace it, looks pretty bad when your own name is coming off a new trailer
Norcalrockhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #8
floydsheating

Question curious...

i am just wondering if they make them substandered byt that makes no sense because why would they want there name coming of the trailer its free advertising you would think that they would use higher quality stuff...

2010 Summerland 2520 RD
2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ
floydsheating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:29 PM   #9
Harried Harry

Cool Peeled decals

The decals on my 2003 Cougar 276 started peeling in the third year. Although I keep the trailer under cover, anyplace exposed to the sun has resulted in the decal peeling. I was told the adhesive loosens up in the sun, which results in the peeling. I have thought of painting over the decal with a clear polyurethane but I don't know if that would work.
Harried Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:56 AM   #10
KennyBob

Cool

Anyone researched application of a "clear bra" on the rig? Especially on the end cap?? Would it be cost prohibitive?
KennyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #11
rjsurfer

My 08 Cougar's 245rks front decal has started to peel off, the side decals are fine. I contacted Keystone and they gave me the 1 year warranty song and dance soooo I have been looking on Ebay and have found numerous decals that are close to what I need, they just don't say Cougar.

After their response like I care

I just haven't decided on Wolf, Mustang or Bison as my new camper.

Ron W.
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #12
FLtravelers

The decals on my 2008 Montana are starting to peel. Keystone is no help. Some manufacturers do a better job. Paint is probably a better way to go, but I'm sure more expensive. I'll probably just remove them and stop advertising.
FLtravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #13
gadawn

Question decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob and joyce View Post
Hi everybody. Just came across this forum, thought it would be good to share experiences with fellow keystone owners.
We bought a 2008 315RL F.W., really like the trailer, have had good experiences with Keystone thus far, problem is a number of our decals are curling up and actually tearing. Front decal and some of the side decals.

Told by Keystone to contact the decal manufacturer (Burlington) about getting replacement decals. (and to try to get them replaced under warranty). Trailer now off warranty, and the dealer we bought from went out of business this year. Keystone says the installation of the decals are on our own account.

Wonder if anyone else has had this type of issue? Would appreciate any input folks may have.

We have the same problem, same year rv, etc.
gadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #14
gadawn

Decal

We have had the very same problem with our 2008 and we did contact Burlington and the response we received indicated the decals were faculty but they would only replace 2009. However, Keystone said they would replace decals but we would have to install them. We are in the North Georgia area and wonder if anyone knows who might install these for us and reasonable. A beauiful RV inside and ragged on the outside.
gadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #15
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadawn View Post
We have had the very same problem with our 2008 and we did contact Burlington and the response we received indicated the decals were faculty but they would only replace 2009. However, Keystone said they would replace decals but we would have to install them. We are in the North Georgia area and wonder if anyone knows who might install these for us and reasonable. A beauiful RV inside and ragged on the outside.
I,m sure any local sign company will do it for a price. Very few use paint any more they all use decals.
Mine curled and I removed them. Now the front of my Cougar is as bald as I am. My DW says bald is beautiful but I think I know a snow job when I hear one. .... Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:13 AM   #16
The Sod Father

Here's a suggestion for the decal manufacturers - make them out of the same stuff they use to make the warning decals on RV sinks. I tried peeling them off and all I get is teeny tiny scraps of paper. The rest of the adhesive is stuck to the sink. It looks lovely. Thank God for citrus based solvents. If not for them, the stinking decal remnants would still be stuck to my sinks.
Tekonsha Prodigy playing the role of brake control
The Sod Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:01 PM   #17
jq1031

Here's what I"m thinking about this decal situation, as I have a new trailer & want to keep it lookin new....how about having clear coat sprayed over the LUAN sealing everything! YOUR THOUGHTS!
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:53 AM   #18
wyobulldog

I used to run a small sign business and I can tell you that none of the decals on RV's will ever hold up and last very long. They are vinyl and will shrink and crack and peel up when exposed to the sun and changing temps. I will be removing all of mine as soon as I pickup my new trailer tomorrow. There are some places using a new spray on clear bra system. We had it done to my wifes new car and it looks and works great! But it is very expensive, about $750 for the front of a VW Tiguan, so I would guess over a $1000 for the nose of an RV.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:00 AM   #19
Outbackmel

GADAWN response for decals

I am located in N GA as well. Here are a few suggestions for decal installation in north Georgia.
Wild Willy RV Repair at 706.867.9978 is very reputable and runs an RV repair business. He is a former Keystone dealer before the recession. Located in Dahlonega but travels the area. Alternate suggestions: franchises such as; "Pro Tint" or "Fast Signs" install all types of graphics on all types of vehicles. I am sure they can help you or point you to someone close to you who can. Also check with RV World of Georgia, located in Buford, GA and/or Camping World on I 985 in Oakwood, GA.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #20
coppercanyon252

I just pulled the decals off the front and compound and waxed the front cap. Looks good, might even later on have someone paint all the stripes and designs on so I want have to worry with the decals anymore.
coppercanyon252 is offline   Reply With Quote