Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2018, 10:30 AM   #21
Miles65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken / Claudia View Post
Miles, I never mentioned a camera. Turn yours off and tell us how well you see behind the trailer at night or even day time.
LOL! Thanks for the laugh, seriously!
Miles65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 08:06 PM   #22
5J's

I know I'm late in the conversation but, I mounted 4 lights on my fiver. Two up front underneath to shine on my tires and two at the rear on top of the bumper supports to shine behind. I wasn't able to get from my pin box to the storage compartment in order to make use of the reverse wire. I added some switches in the compartment to supply battery hot back to my lights.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171111_212418.jpeg
Views:	236
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	18357Click image for larger version

Name:	20171111_212535.jpeg
Views:	221
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	18358Click image for larger version

Name:	20171111_212603.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	18359

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:27 PM   #23
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5J's View Post
I know I'm late in the conversation but, I mounted 4 lights on my fiver. Two up front underneath to shine on my tires and two at the rear on top of the bumper supports to shine behind. I wasn't able to get from my pin box to the storage compartment in order to make use of the reverse wire. I added some switches in the compartment to supply battery hot back to my lights.

Attachment 18357Attachment 18358Attachment 18359
Just a thought, when I added backup lights to our 5er I used one of the existing wires from the front compartment to the pin box J-box as a pull string to pull in the new wire.
I accessed the wire loom in the drivers side propane tank compartment. Can’t remember now for sure, but I think I pulled two wires from the pin box. The new backup wire and a return pull wire to pull back the existing wire I was using to pull the tow wire from the pin box location.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:56 AM   #24
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
Just a thought, when I added backup lights to our 5er I used one of the existing wires from the front compartment to the pin box J-box as a pull string to pull in the new wire.
I accessed the wire loom in the drivers side propane tank compartment. Can’t remember now for sure, but I think I pulled two wires from the pin box. The new backup wire and a return pull wire to pull back the existing wire I was using to pull the tow wire from the pin box location.
Any time I go thru the trouble of pulling a wire for something I leave a pull string behind in case I ever need to pull another wire. When I worked in the restaurant and retail industry I would spec a few empty conduits with pull strings as it seemed like they were always adding something after the fact. The upfront cost was well worth the cost and disruption later after opening.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:28 AM   #25
5J's

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
I looked at that option more than once but, I was certain I'd get stuck in between. It appears the the loom doesn't go straight from point A to B. I will revisit that though, I'm about to add a solar panel on the pin box.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights