Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2019, 08:51 PM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimborokz View Post
Talked to DW today and I think we're ready to take the plunge. We have some stuff to get off the calendar first. (this aging process and Dr's apts is a PITA) I have a guy in mind that I think I can hire to watch over the house and our rental property. Close the pool on Labor day and I think by then we can be free to hit the road. Plan to head west to friends in Idaho, visit some family in Oregon and then just wander south and then east to our winter landing in GA but we don't need to get there till late Oct or Nov.

I think you will enjoy the "plunge". As I've previously posted, I, like you, like to "know" where I will be in the evening. "Looking", "hoping", calling, searching when I'm done for the day is....for the birds. When I start the morning worrying about where I might be, stay, somewhere in the afternoon or evening totally, TOTALLY, destroys a day. As I've posted before, "laid back" is probably as far away from what I am as there is. DW knows that.

Do you miss some "spur of the moment" spots? Probably. Would the one or two I might find over 3 or 4 trips overcome the stress we would have trying to "wing it"? Not in any way. We are all different and, as they say, "different strokes for different folks". No one has the "perfect formula". The only perfect formula is what works for you.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 05:29 AM   #22
newemptynester

Wow - I really wish this will be my retirement in about 5 years. I love JRTJH's style. I really want to explore and land where I land for the day or week, whichever I choose. My problem is getting my DH on board. He is not sure that being a gypsy is for him. I have 5 years to work on him, and if not, I guess I have to settle for the small trips and then back home.
2013 Laredo 29RKS

newemptynester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:37 AM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by newemptynester View Post
Wow - I really wish this will be my retirement in about 5 years. I love JRTJH's style. I really want to explore and land where I land for the day or week, whichever I choose. My problem is getting my DH on board. He is not sure that being a gypsy is for him. I have 5 years to work on him, and if not, I guess I have to settle for the small trips and then back home.
Not to interfere with your marriage or relationship with your DH, but there is an alternative. Just tell him, in January, that you're planning a 2 month trip in April and that he's welcome to come with you or if he wants to stay home, you'll see him in June..... I've knows lots of couples where one or the other was reluctant, but when faced with "jumping in with both feet" were glad that they took the plunge.

I'm not a marriage expert (only been in one for 50 years) so don't take my suggestion as a "professional approach with guaranteed results"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:02 AM   #24
newemptynester

We are coming up on the 32 years of married bliss this September. He is a reluctant one but usually he comes around. If I start working on him now - it will be his idea by then and he will be on board with it (lol). I do like your suggestion - it could work if push comes to shove.
2013 Laredo 29RKS

newemptynester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:05 AM   #25
jimborokz

I had the advantage with DW in that our grandkids were 1000mi to the south. This worked for both of us as I don't like the snow and cold of upstate NY and she wanted to see the grands. Now we spend the winter in the south. My problem has been that I always want reservations in place before I leave the driveway. Working on that one now.
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote