Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2023, 04:32 PM   #21
wiredgeorge

This thread is not for the faint of heart. Totally confusing compounded by the very long long posts and then a hijack...
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 04:43 PM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper rand View Post
1000 km tires toast dealer sent me to dexter sent pictures
and had me get alignment $400 and tires $350 for two my cost Dexter sent new axle and paid for the tires but not the alignment Dexter told me not to check alignment on new axle or warrant would be off ( don’t understand this) so I guess I will keep an eye on the new tires in the spring for excessive wear All my other trailers and I have had many had 0 issues
My guess is that Dexter instructed you NOT to alter the axle, axle beam or spindles by "aligning things" and if you do, they will not warranty the "modified axle"...

Most axles are "true and don't need alignment".. It's the spring hangers that are welded to the frame by lippert that cause any "alignment issues". Granted it's possible for an axle to be manufactured that has a bent beam or a mis-aligned spindle, but chances are much greater that Lippert welded the spring hangers "off measurement" or the spring hangers got bent before the frame was used to build a trailer.

Not much can go wrong with an axle during manufacture that would cause alignment issues, so Dexter warns you not to go "bending or fixing the axle and expect them to provide another one under warranty"....

That's my take on the "why they told you that".... YMMV

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 05:07 PM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Vacation View Post
Howdy Sourdough,

Yep, it is possible because I am in the process of doing just that. Getting parts under warranty sent directly to me allowing me my own repair.

One of selling points for our Montana was just that. Parts will be shipped to you.

Not looking to create a disturbance among those accepting the RV industry for what it is but, it is what it is.

My issue(s) with our furnace is exactly like the problem(s) I have read about on forums like this, as well as talking to other Keystone RV owners. The only difference between those problems and my problem(s) is the year or the model of the RV. I have been speaking to a Montana owner 4 lots from me and he is giving me advice regarding his furnace issue. I'm all ears I said then listened as he told me it is likely the "sail switch" or the "circuit board". Thank you very much I said and may I ask what year your Montana might be? Yes he said, his RV is a 2020. How about that, our RV is a 2023 and still the very same problem(s) preventing the furnace from operating. I'll be darned, who knew??

With a bit of a chuckle, I ask if he would make a list of all the problems he has experienced, so I can order parts and get a step ahead of any future repairs. Darn I wish I would have kept my mouth shut.

Be well and safe travels,

John

Just wanted to clarify the above. As I had mentioned previously Keystone is not going to let an owner contact them, assess the repairs and send them parts directly; the comments above refuted that.

Today you have posted in another thread that Keystone sent the repair parts - via the dealer and not directly to you. Yes, they will do that and I've done it-via the dealer. Just want others to understand how this usually goes.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 07:58 PM   #24
firestation12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
Sure… my edits/additions are in all caps, I’m not yelling at you. And I’ll include some punctuation as well.

1000 km tires ARE toast NOW. THE dealer sent me to dexter. Then I sent pictures TO DEXTER
and THEY had me get AN alignment. IT COST ME $400, and tires COST ME $350 for two, AT my cost. Dexter sent ME A new axle and paid for the tires but not the alignment. Dexter told me not to check THE alignment on new axle or warrantY would be off (I don’t understand this), so I guess I will keep an eye on the new tires in the spring for ANY excessive wear. All my other trailers, and I have had many, had 0 issues LIKE THIS.

…whew…
Thanks for clarifying! This is one of my favorite examples of the importance of punctuation:

The absence or presence of a comma can change the entire meaning of a sentence. For example, there's a cannibalistic difference between “Let's eat grandma” and “Let's eat, grandma.” The same holds true for apostrophes, hyphens, colons, and other punctuation marks.

Best Regards….John Mc
Retired Fire Capt/paramedic 34 yrs
Current owner 2 HVAC companies
Past owner Res/Com electrical
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle, keystone