Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
Karen & Larry

New owners to Cougar X Lite 29 RET

Missing Water PUMP
So here is the first question. We can't locate the water pump on this unit we hear it but can find it. while we were at the dealership we asked several times about it and No one could find it. when we picked it up at the dealership, and had gone through the walk through we were told the water pump was located in the storage holding area behind a panel. after getting it home we looked it wasn't there. We called the service department at the dealership and asked them to locate it for us, So we are waiting for a return call. Next we will call Keystone directly to see if they know where it is.
We are new to the forum & hope that there is a wealth of information posted
here on the forum.
We were CrossRoads owners for 8 yr & now moved into the 5th cougar X Lite wheel 29RET

So far we are happy with the design and size for us. thou we have'nt taken it out camping but will Memorial Day. Karen & Larry
Karen & Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
Javi

First thing I'd do is find the fresh water tank fill then start looking inside within a couple of feet of the fill... the pump will be right close to it.. It may be under a panel in a compartment or even inside the trailer..
Old 04-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
SlowPoke

A very good thing to do, as soon as you have a few hours to kill....

Get some tools, and look for any screw mounted plate/panel in your new TT, one at a time, pull it off, check the contents, and write it down on a small "map". Put the panel back and move to the next one you find. There is a treasure trove of gadgets, hoses, wires, jacks, valves, and yes...even a pump hidden in your TT somewhere !! Make it a "Treasure Hunt" and it'll feel like fun! LOL

Arrr...Matey!

PS:

I Found alot of items, wires to splice for upgrades, cutoff valves, loose connections to fix, and even my water pump, that had a loose connection that had to be hand tightened... You'll be thrilled to find all the cool items!

OH yeah.... Welcome to the forum!!

2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab w ith 2013 Keystone Passport 3180RE

SlowPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
First thing I'd do is find the fresh water tank fill then start looking inside within a couple of feet of the fill... the pump will be right close to it.. It may be under a panel in a compartment or even inside the trailer..
My pump's a full 15 feet away from the FW tank and fill, so that may not always work.

On my Cougar, there is a small panel in the basement right behind the connection point for city water. It's held in place with two #2 square drive screws. Pull the panel, and the pump is right there.

For the OP, if the dealer told you that the pump is behind a panel, he's most likely correct. If you can hear it really loud, there's a removable panel close by there somewhere. It takes a little persistence and poking about to find these things, but they are there and they are accessible.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
Karen & Larry

hidden water pump

thanks for the info we will continue to hunt & make a written copy of what we find to keep for our records that is a good idea. we did hear back from the dealership service dept & since they don't have any more models like our on the lot they are going to call Keystone on Monday. So when we find our this info I will post it.
Thanks again for all the suggestions
Karen & Larry
Karen & Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #6
SkyPiGG

I haven't actually looked for it, but from hearing it often, I would say that it's forward on the left side. We have a 26BHS, and I hear it right under the floorboard in the bedroom. It's in close proximity to where you fill the fresh water tank.
SkyPiGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:07 AM   #7
Nick & Gia's Trailer

I have a Cougar Xlite 29RBS, and I found my pump in the basement on the right side (facing trailer cap) behind the 4 screw removable panel. In may case it was next to the water heater. Hope this helps. Good luck
Reese 16k slider 5th wheel hitch
Nick & Gia's Trailer is offline   Reply With Quote