Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
John Shaw

Also just joined. Just traded a 2008 Raptor 3814 for a 2012 Montana 3400 RL. Love all the extra living area but am already missing my garage. We pull the thing with a 2012 K2500 Silverado with the 6.6 Durmax. We have the Pull Rite automatic hitch. The only must haves on the trade were the six point leveling system and the mor-ride suspension and hitch.

Only warranty issue is the porch light doesn't work. Haven't checked to see if it is a bulb.
John Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Welcome ...... looking forward to you sharing your experiences with others.

If you have a remote ???? any light that has been turned on with it must be turned off with it. (We have never had one but this is what I have gathered on the forum.) As you mentioned bulbs and fuses are the easiest to check first. Travel safely, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
Keeper

Welcome John. Hope all goes well with your new Montana.
Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
justlkn

Welcome! How do you like the hitch? I was thinking of changing over to that sometime in the future.

2016 3500HD Silverado Duramax LTZ
2012 Keystone Avalanche 341TG (Sold)
justlkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
Herap

to the forum and especially your idea of a camper! Enjoy!

p.s. As stated above, any light turned on by your remote 'must' be turned off by the remote before the interior controls will work.

Ray
Old 12-27-2012, 05:47 AM   #6
SAABDOCTOR

HI ANDlove my montana too. yours is nice. the remote thing is a pita! i never use mine except for leveling. but i only have front and rear jacks. enjoy all the adeventures be safe looking forward to the stories. have a
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:06 AM   #7
John Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
Welcome ...... looking forward to you sharing your experiences with others.

If you have a remote ???? any light that has been turned on with it must be turned off with it. (We have never had one but this is what I have gathered on the forum.) As you mentioned bulbs and fuses are the easiest to check first. Travel safely, Hank
Tried the remote but there is not a button on the remote for the porch light inless it is one of the two aux ones. Haven't really had a chance to play with the rig yet. Picked in up at Jacksonville CW, stayed one night at Flamingo Lakes (nice campground), and then brought it home. Leave for Sebring, FL, on 01/12 for the airshow. Will figure out everything then.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #8
John Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlkn View Post
Welcome! How do you like the hitch? I was thinking of changing over to that sometime in the future.
Love the hitch. It's great. Only thing is you have to make sure the slide rails are well greased.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #9
justlkn

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shaw View Post
Tried the remote but there is not a button on the remote for the porch light inless it is one of the two aux ones. Haven't really had a chance to play with the rig yet. Picked in up at Jacksonville CW, stayed one night at Flamingo Lakes (nice campground), and then brought it home. Leave for Sebring, FL, on 01/12 for the airshow. Will figure out everything then.
Hey that's the same campground I just did my shakedown cruise! Apparently we live very close to each other! I was going to try to go to Sebring also.

2016 3500HD Silverado Duramax LTZ
2012 Keystone Avalanche 341TG (Sold)
justlkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #10
John Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlkn View Post
Hey that's the same campground I just did my shakedown cruise! Apparently we live very close to each other! I was going to try to go to Sebring also.
Do you go for the Air Expo? I have volunteered there for the last four or five years. I am also a sport pilot and I have a 2008 Sportcruiser. This is the second year that we will be staying at Lake Josephine campground. When I firs went we had a Forest River Lexington GTS. Found it was too small for two people.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #11
curlyfungirl

Welcome aboard and enjoy your new rig.
Superlow Sportster
Heritage Softail Springer
2009-2012 VRI
curlyfungirl is offline   Reply With Quote