Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
mmvanderlaan

Hello from Michigan

Well we finally did it. Bought a new Passport 3220BH. Thats our upgrade from a popup. My family and I are very excited to use it. I found this forum when I was researching for a new TT. I got a lot of good info. I was worried my Yukon xl 1500 wasnt big enough to haul it, but it did just fine. My family has only camped in MI state parks. We love them, but with the new TT Im looking for some other great places to go in Michigan. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. And any good ideas on upgrades for my TT . Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	2024  
mmvanderlaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
rrohrer

That's a big upgrade from a popup. enjoy.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
antiqfreq

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new camper.
Hope you get in some camping time before the camping season is over for ya........
looks like those snows and ole man winter is coming.......

Welcome again!

Jo

ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:21 AM   #4
Trinibob

welcome what part of michigan are you from?
whats your favrite michigan camping place?

https://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/...20the%20years/
Trinibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #5
fla-gypsy

Welcome to the group from Florida, BTW that is a nice upgrade. The old go big or go home theory huh?
Old 10-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #6
michael

Welcome from Wisconsin. Ive only stayed in hotels in Michigan Kalamazoo is a nice area and the U P is awsome.

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4
V10 Engine, axle 4:10 ratio
8ft box SRW

10x10 Screen room.

Let It Happen Campin.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
Jim & Kay

Congrats on your new RV & welcome to the forum from the mountains of Virginia. Michigan sure is a beautiful state, when my Mom lived there, we visited the state 1 or 2 times per year but only once in the winter, what an experience. Safe travels

HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU
Jim, Kay, & Our Furry Kids
2012 Cougar HC 5er 291RLS aka "Rt 66 B&B"
2008 Toyota Tundra aka "The Hoss" 4X4 Limited DC 5.7 L
6 S Tranny w/TowHaul 4.30 RG 20" tires
Firestone Airbags w/compressor
16K Superglide hitch

Lovers of Route 66
Jim & Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #8
3P'sInACougar

Welcome I hope you find this forum as helpful Asia have. A great campground in northern lower is kalkaska family campground it was a koa that went private. Back in woods off road an not to far from TC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3P'sInACougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #9
MISailor

If your kids are interested in amusement parks I would recommend Duck Creek RV Resort north of Muskegon, directly across the road from Michigan's Adventure. Duck Creek is without a doubt the cleanest "campground" I have ever seen. If you want wilderness this isn't the place for you. But if you like amenities then you'll love this place. The sites are large, all with concrete pads and large concrete patio areas, wireless, cable, etc. The bathhouse, pool, clubhouse playground are all very nice and there is a bike trail system just a 100 yds or so away that you can ride for miles.

Oak Shores in Holland is also nice, though some of the sites are rather compact. Excellent bikeway to Lake Michigan there too.
2023 Ford F150 SuperCrew 5.0L V8, 3.73 Rear Axle (Photo to be updated)
MISailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:00 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

mmv anderlaan,

Welcome to the forum. You'll find loads of good information about RVing in general and about Keystone specifically. As for camping in Michigan, as you know, the Pure Michigan campaign highlights some of the neat things to do around our state, but I think it misses one aspect of camping, the community sponsored campgrounds.

In addition to the state park and private/commercial park systems, Michigan (and some other states) have community parks. During the early days of the RVing craze, some communities built "city camping parks". Many of these are now called "tourist parks".

Marquette Tourist Park located directly behind Northern Michigan University is a great place to spend a few days while exploring the area. Another, our favorite, is Munising Tourist Park, it sits on the shore of Lake Superior. Where else can you get the "million dollar site" where you actually park your RV within 25' of the Lake Superior beach, sip coffee watching the sun come up over the lake, walk out of your RV and immediately find a sandy beach with waves as big as the Gulf Coast, but fresh water <G> and with full hookups.

Houghton Tourist Park sits on a ridge above the city, you can look out over the horizon and see "forever" yet you're right in the heart of "downtown" close to everything Houghton has to offer.

Petoskey's is also right on Lake Michigan and is adjacent to the Marina and city park complex. It's a short walk to the old downtown district.

There are a number of other city campgrounds in the area, most are listed in Woodalls. I've found them to be a bit less expensive than private parks and yet offer a great location and good facilities.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote