Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2017, 04:25 PM   #1
prstlk

Wet carpet...

We have a 2007 Challenger that we purchased in May of this year. Are loving it and have had very few issues with it.

Today we traveled mostly on the interstate from Custer SD to Billings MT. We were in the rain for a good part of the trip.

When we stopped for the night and put out the slides we noticed that the carpet that is below the slide part and right above where the tires are is very wet - soaked.

Has anyone ever had this issue and/or do you have any suggestions for a solution.

Thanks in advance.
prstlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 02:54 AM   #2
notanlines

Closely inspect all around in the wheel well area, and then with the slide IN, and in the dark, have someone with a bright light shine all around inside while you stay outside in the wheel well area and watch for the light coming through. I'm betting some of the foam or caulk is coming loose. Obviously you have searched all around the perimeter of the slide for the condition of the rubber seals?
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:11 AM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

It's a 10 year old trailer so there could be several issues. Since the worst part seems to originate over the tires I would do as Jim suggested and try to see if you see any light penetrating anywhere. Also, just a good visual from the ground looking up into the wheel well areas may give you an indication. My unit has the wheel wells lined with adhesive fabric over wood with expandable foam and ?? The fabric may have let go or been damaged allowing water in. The bottom or side seals could be damaged letting water come under the slide. I'm pretty sure the problem will be in one of those areas - you just have to find it. If the inside of the wheel well looks suspect you might just buy a roll of the adhesive fabric (Darco I believe) and reline the wheel wells. That's what I had the dealer do after I had a blowout.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carpet