Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2017, 06:47 AM   #1
Thin blue swine bbq

triple sliding shower door

can anyone help me please? I have a Laredo 292rl and it has a triple slide glass shower door, one panel will open but the other 2 are stuck together and wont come apart. they both are like they are locked together, they slide but wont come apart... it may be off track but I have no idea how or where to start. I also have electric rear jacks that wont drop down. I can hear the motor running but it wont engage the gear to drop them down. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you
Thin blue swine bbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:55 AM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

You may want to attach some pictures of exactly what you are seeing. A picture says a thousand words. I'm sure is right around the corner.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:35 PM   #3
bsmith0404

The doors are probably stuck on the small rubber strip that goes between them. It’s possible that it got hot or some residue left on it and is stuck to the glass on each door. As for the rear jacks, sounds like a sheer pin that attaches the screw to the motor may have broken. I’m not positive there is one, I’m assuming based on the symptoms you’re describing.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
The doors are probably stuck on the small rubber strip that goes between them. It’s possible that it got hot or some residue left on it and is stuck to the glass on each door. As for the rear jacks, sounds like a sheer pin that attaches the screw to the motor may have broken. I’m not positive there is one, I’m assuming based on the symptoms you’re describing.
Your most likely correct, I have seen the triple shower doors middle glass come off the track at the top and bind.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote