Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2018, 04:11 PM   #1
fishingprospector

Television Problems

I searched some old tv threads and found one with similar problem. We have been on the road for over a month now and have stayed at over a dozen rv parks. Twice we have not been able to scan cable tv channels. Both times the parks maintenance have came with a small tv and the cable at our site was working. Today we bought a new Roku tv to see if it was our other tv. No luck still could not scan any cable channels. We tried hooking the cable direct to the tv and still no channels. Our tv has worked at other sites but not these two (includes the one we are currently at). Any recommendations? We can pick up air on both tvs. Booster is off when scanning channels.
fishingprospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:48 PM   #2
fourfourto

Some tv,s you have to switch tv over to cable , even though a few come thru on air

2017 Keystone 1750rd
2006 Hummer H3
1968 Oldsmobile 442
1983 Honda CX650C
fourfourto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:57 PM   #3
fishingprospector

On our large tv when we do set up we select air or cable. On the new small tv it scans air first then cable automatically.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:53 PM   #4
Tbos

I had a similar issue once and I believe I had the wrong input selected by mistake. Changing it allowed the TV to scan for cable channels. Good luck.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:22 PM   #5
travelin texans

For antenna the booster MUST be ON, for cable booster OFF, then set to cable or antenna then scan.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:21 AM   #6
fishingprospector

Just moved to a new campground and tvs both scanned channels like they should. Must be lack of Qaw? tuner. Not sure if there is anything I can do next time this happens. Thanks for the replies.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:29 PM   #7
Bostongone

Not sure what is going on here as the QAM tuner would have been required in the other park as well to receive cable signals? Fact that it works here is nice but confusing!
“QAM Tuner (REQUIRED) QAM (quadrature amplitude modulation) is the format by which digital cable channels are encoded and transmitted via cable television providers, including Apogee. A QAM tuner is the cable equivalent of an ATSC tuner which receives over-the-air digital channels broadcast by local television stations.”
Old 02-14-2018, 07:11 AM   #8
{tpc}

Does the cable require a "converter box"? Maybe the small tv the park brought had one with it, or built into it somehow? I've been to a few places where you have to get the "box" from them.

Other than that, have you let it run the scan long enough? I know the one that came with our trailer takes awhile to find usable signals but eventually does.

Tags
television