Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2014, 09:23 PM   #1
SChedgie

Raptor 365LEV

I have a question for the male campers. I want to make sure
I'm not being a selfish woman. Here's some quick background,
my husband and I are full timers trying to move up to a fifth wheel.
Here's my problem, I want a Montana 3610 that will fill all our needs
being on the road a year at a time. My husband wants a Raptor 365LEV,
so that we can take our John Deer Gator with us.
The problem, he wants to take the garage part of the Raptor and
turn it into his man cave. So, what do you think, am I being selfish
by not wanting the man cave? Or should I just go with it and be
happy? He also says the Raptor patio would be great for the grand kids
to play and when it rains the grands can play in his man cave.
So, please give me some input.
No Toys yet

SChedgie
SChedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:29 PM   #2
DiverB

The toy haulers are really great for the ability to be what ever you need them to be. The patio on the 365LEV is great for BBQ or letting the kids plays, they have their own bathroom so they aren't tromping through the coach all the time. Plus your husband can watch a ball game on the TV out in the garage while your enjoying another program on TV. I say get the toy hauler, but again I'm a guy
2012 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 - Custom Tuned, 5" TBE, ATS Tranny, ARP Head studs, EGR Cooler delete, S&B intake, GDP intake horn, EDGE CTS w/turbo timer, FASS 95 lift pump, pac-brake airbags, Mag Hytec diff covers, B&W 20K hitch, AMSOIL everywhere

https://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/199482.png
DiverB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:47 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

If you and your husband are full timers and looking to move up to a 5th wheel, I would think that you would sit down, talk and decide on something that suits both your needs. Floor plans and layouts are personal choices and what one person likes, the other may dislike.
I somehow think that neither one of you would like to live full time in an RV that you weren't happy with. If you can't agree, then some kind of compromise might be in order.

I'm too old for toys and man caves but I've been married for long enough to know that whatever 5th wheel you do get should make you both happy. A long and happy marriage is bigger than toys and man caves or giving in to your partner's wants.

Like the line in a Beatles' song...."We can work it out."

Good luck with it.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:46 AM   #4
EricLynnAllison

Our garage is our guest bedroom, dining room, play room, travel storage room, laundry room, extra tv room. It's great.
Previous 1973 Coleman Popup
EricLynnAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:52 AM   #5
canesfan

With the toyhauler you each can have your own space when you want without someone having to hole up in the bedroom. He can do his thing and you can do yours. Think of it not only as him having his man cave, but as you having the rest of the coach to do your thing while he's in his man cave. Personally I don't have a man cave, I prefer to be outdoors whenever possible, but weather and all come into play at times and from experience it's good to have your own space sometimes. And I love my patio.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:15 PM   #6
Bombfixer

The patio on the 365 with the railings is a great place for grand kids to play. I use my garage as a bedroom for 4 of them. The oldest girl gets the bunk in the main cabin area. I have an ice machine and a kegerator out in the garage. I love the versatility of the garage area. I have even had my older granddaughters sewing on the dinette table and sofa part of the lower bed. It can be man cave, hen hutch, kids room, etc based on the needs at the time.

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk