Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
BC Canada

Taking out upper bunk

Has anyone taken out the upper bunk in a Fuzion? We want to leave the lower one in. Is it easy to take out?
Old 10-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
KenBob

We take it out before each trip. We have no need/use for it. Lower the bunk to a comfortable height. Remove the mattress, remove the corner pins, then remove the bunk. Depending on how the lower bunk converts, it may make removing the bunk easier as well. The bunk in our Fuzion is light enough for two to handle easily. Be aware of ramp angle and surrounding area. We raise the window blinds to prevent snags. However, I am not sure how the 2014 models are set up.
KenBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #3
BC Canada

Thanks for the quick reply, that sounds pretty easy. We will be doing it before next camping season We do have the corner pins, I am not sure if they have changed anything for the 2014 models either.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
abneynormal

i completly removed the upper bunk

I use the back bed as my bed full time. I removed the upper bunk the 3912 has a vinyl surround because it was originally designed as a bed/ couch combination with a removable table. on the first trip the table fell out onto my dads trike. I have since removed it and made the platform solid. if you have this design note that by removing the L brackets for the upper bunk you will disable the max height stop for the happi jack lift system. I did the same and re calculated the stop by connecting the stop from the upper bunk to the lower bunk with a piece of 1 inch flat aluminum.
now for those venetian blinds and a full sized mattress I added shelf L brackets behind the vinyl/cloth surround this keeps the assembly from getting into my blinds. there is enough room for a full sized bed on top of the cheesy foam bed below.
note with the changing of the bed height my overhead under the bed is 5'11"