Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #1
Gaffer222

All put away for the winter

New cover went on easy.

DW, DD Circa 2002, DD Circa 2005
Gaffer222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 07:05 PM   #2
GaryWT

Looks good, I have never used a cover but those that do seem to like them.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:07 PM   #3
theeyres

Cover looks great. So sorry to hear the season is over. Here in AZ we have a trip planned for Thanksgiving and then another for two weeks over Christmas holidays. But I still remember those long snowy winters in eastern Oregon.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:30 PM   #4
08quadram

Put mine away today. Snuggled away for the winter tucked inside a machine shed away from all that bad, cold, snowy weather.

The yard looks like it is missing something with it gone. Next spring it will have a nice new parking spot next to my new garage.
1-wife / 1-dog / 2-kids
08quadram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:20 PM   #5
seascorpion02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer222 View Post
New cover went on easy.

Looks good all closed up, I ust bought a 2015 outback terrain 299tbh and got a cover for it (never covered my old one because I bought it used). Its the same cover you have here. Some people have told me horror stories about covering their rig so I'm conflicted about covering it. I'm worried because I have the gutter extensions and the hd antenna that is fixed and cannot be lowered. I live in pa so we are bound to get a decent volume of snow this year and I dont need my brand new rig to get damaged since we only got to use it once. Any advice on installing the cover should or am I just being ocd about it being brand new. What you pay for those covers I would think that they are the way to go. Thanks in advance, and any pics on preventitive measures would be great. thanks
seascorpion02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #6
Gaffer222

Quote:
Originally Posted by seascorpion02 View Post
Looks good all closed up, I ust bought a 2015 outback terrain 299tbh and got a cover for it (never covered my old one because I bought it used). Its the same cover you have here. Some people have told me horror stories about covering their rig so I'm conflicted about covering it. I'm worried because I have the gutter extensions and the hd antenna that is fixed and cannot be lowered. I live in pa so we are bound to get a decent volume of snow this year and I dont need my brand new rig to get damaged since we only got to use it once. Any advice on installing the cover should or am I just being ocd about it being brand new. What you pay for those covers I would think that they are the way to go. Thanks in advance, and any pics on preventitive measures would be great. thanks
I always covered my HTT for years with no issues. I cut pool noodles and slide them over the gutter spouts. They fit tight, stop the cover from ripping and still allow any water to drain out. I also cover any sharp edges or corners with foam water pipe insulation and painters tape to keep it in place. As far as the antenna, I put pieces of rigid foam packing material under the elements to support them under snow load etc. I thought I could put a laundry basket over it but it's 4' wide.

I roll out the cover on the roof and walk along the edges dropping the sides down as I go. It's not hard once you get a routine. A second person on the ground helps.
DW, DD Circa 2002, DD Circa 2005
Gaffer222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:45 AM   #7
seascorpion02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer222 View Post
I always covered my HTT for years with no issues. I cut pool noodles and slide them over the gutter spouts. They fit tight, stop the cover from ripping and still allow any water to drain out. I also cover any sharp edges or corners with foam water pipe insulation and painters tape to keep it in place. As far as the antenna, I put pieces of rigid foam packing material under the elements to support them under snow load etc. I thought I could put a laundry basket over it but it's 4' wide.

I roll out the cover on the roof and walk along the edges dropping the sides down as I go. It's not hard once you get a routine. A second person on the ground helps.
Thanks for the reply and the suggestions. I really thought long and hard about how to protect the antenna, and the solution was simple. I was trying to come up with something way more complex. Thanks again!
seascorpion02 is offline   Reply With Quote