Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2014, 01:44 PM   #1
jdodds147

WF8955PCE DC polarity fuses.

Pulled my 2011 195RB out of storage and found my overhead lights in the kitchen area would not go on when the switch was turned on. The bathroom light, the light over the sink, and the light over the dinnette, and the bedroom lights would go on when the switch was turned on. I visually check all the fuses but noticed when the 15 amp fuses were pulled some of the red lights did not go on. I tested all the circuts and there was no power going through the circuts where the red lights failed to come on. The two DC polarity fuses are both ok but there is only 12 volts going to the top polarity fuse and not the bottom one. Any ideas on what be going on?
jdodds147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Check all the connections on the back of the fuse buss bar. If I recall correctly, there are two separate buss bars. It sounds like there's a loose wire on one of them.

Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:36 PM   #3
jdodds147

WF8955PCE DC polarity fuses

JRTJH,
Thanks for the suggestion, checked all the conections on the buss bars and they were all tight. Kind of wondering if there is something wrong with the electronic board? Checked the lights that are out and there is no power going to the lights and checked all the bulbs. So I am thinking it is the board where something just cracked or broke through the vibration of the trailer. Thanks for your suggestions,
jdodds147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #4
Bob Landry

I don't know why there would be two buss bars. My WFCO only has one(that I'm aware of) and there are only two battery connections.
To the OP... Does everything work OK on battery power? You'll need to unplug from shore power to check it.

WFCO's schematic leaves a little to be desired, but the terminal +VCC is where you should read 12VDC from either the converter or the battery after the 12V from the battery goes through the polarity fuses. You can take the corner screws out and pull out the DC board(Shore power unplugged) and you can tell if +VCC is feeding one or two bus bars. I haven't pulled mine apart, so I can't say if there is an internal fuse, but I wouldn't think there is one that you couldn't get to from the front. There should be a relay on the DC panel that isolates the battery from the house system when plugged into shore power, so that is also an option for being the problem.

12V only going to one polarity fuse would be normal. One of those fuses is in the ground circuit.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote