Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2023, 12:54 PM   #21
Bandit12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
A few things to consider:

1. A 30 pound propane tank will only last 3 or 4 days before it's empty.
We recently moved from northeast California to southwest South Dakota. I did have Mopeka tanks sensors on both my #30 bottles and was monitoring them closely. We had a few nights with single digit temps, most nights are in the low to mid 20s so far. The trailer is not skirted yet but we do have the enclosed and heated underbelly and tank heaters. I've set the fireplace thermostat to 73* and the furnace to 70*. We have an electric blanket on our bed and put Reflectix on most of the windows, my wife refuses to be completely sealed up, she wants to be able to see out some. Since we have full hook ups, I've kept the fridge and water heater on electric and we've done a fair amount of cooking in the trailer. It's been my experience so far, a bottle is lasting 5-7 days depending on daytime temps. My Mopeka tanks sensors bit the dust last week. I tried everything. Replaced the batteries, updated the app, cleaned the tank bottoms and the sensors, applied new dielectric grease, finally had the app forget the sensors and try to reinstall them. Now they won't sync to the app at all. Contacted Mopeka and their customer service is sending me two new sensors under warranty. Hope to have them in a week or so.
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace