Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2022, 03:54 PM   #1
gearhead

3 Houston cops shot

Sounds like they are in stable condition. Been continous live TV for 3 hours so far. Three different scenes. Suspect is holed up near I-10 east, 5th ward. I've never seen so many agencies...FBI, ATF, Tx Highway Patrol, Houston PD. Saw on live TV 2 cruisers chasing a car, it wrecks, door flies open and full automatic on the police officers. Houston SWAT brings the armored BOBCAT and BEARCAT.
This week: the 3 shot today, Constable ambushed & killed, County Sheriff Deputy run over by a drunk.
They just loaded the battering ram on the BOBCAT.
Very heavy police response.
This has to stop,
Moderators: If this isn't appropriate feel free to delete.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 07:00 PM   #2
gearhead

Surrendered.
Career criminal.
https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...ocuments-show/
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
Old 01-27-2022, 07:07 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Elk Grove, Ca just lost a 6 yr vet to a wrong way drunk driver. I believe there was 2 or 3 NYPD cops shot in the last week.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 09:07 PM   #4
travelin texans

The Billy Currington country song so true;
GOD IS GREAT, BEER IS GOOD, PEOPLE ARE CRAZY!
My hat's off to EVERYONE in law enforcement these days, you have to be dedicated to put up this kind of s##t!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 04:18 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

More LEO killed thus far this year than in history. I see no end to it if policy towards crime doesn’t change. Nothing political, just statistics. Sweeping change in law enforcment and radical increase in crime. The longer this continues the more difficult it will be to correct.

JMHO
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 05:22 AM   #6
gearhead

Houston didn't use to be like this. We now have city and county leaders that are from out of state and even out of country. They're bringing their culture with them.
The criminal that shot the 3 cops yesterday has gotten easy sentences his entire life. He was on the streets with 3 felony warrants.
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
Old 01-28-2022, 05:26 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

One only has to look at any roadway speed limit to understand that if there's no "speed limit enforcement" the signs are ignored as people break the law.

It doesn't take "rocket science" to postulate that human nature isn't any different when it comes to other laws... Being "egocentric organisms" the "I'm important enough to ignore that law" grows stronger with every day....

IMO, the worst is yet to come.... I'm glad we're "tucked away, deep in the tundra, far away from large populations of people..... Even here, we can't escape all the craziness, but with less people, there's less chance of running into that type behavior.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 05:48 AM   #8
flybouy
Site Team

What scares me is the thought of the current state of affairs slipping into total anarchy. I think it's but a matter of time before a major sector of the population to say "why am I working, paying taxes, and spending money to buy essentials at an ever increasing cost?" Folks are walking in, carrying out bags of merchandise that they are selling illegally, r at least it used to be illegal. These folks aren't stealing cosmetics and electronics to survive, they are becoming organized crime gangs out for easy money.
And now in some cities if someone robs a person at gunpoint it's a misdemeanor f they don't pull the trigger and in some cities if the gun isn't loaded! When morality and consequences no longer exist and survival becomes increasingly challenging history teaches that anarchy will follow.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:53 AM   #9
wegone

Most of us who frequent the site are older....
We have the luxury of hindsight and history, to discern this moment in our lives.
I think most of us can see how that political pendulum swings both ways, rarely pausing in the middle where the vast majority of all of our beliefs meet.

The one distinct feature that has allowed America to thrive and prosper like no other civilization is unfettered free speech.
It is a pillar that holds all of us up together.

This 24/7 news cycle and the technologies driven by the INTERNET is like a major storm abutting that very pillar.

Driven by greed and power, wealth and more power, it is under assault by ignorance and evil.

Folks, it will force the pendulum to swing back, sooner.
Mankind has not really changed, no.
We still want peace, joy, acceptance and love.
That is all we ever wanted from day one, being created or having stepped out from our cave.

The NEWS industry is a drug.
It thrives on addiction and prospers on fear.
Use it wisely.

Look inside your heart and soul, we all share that commonality.
As darkness can't physically overtake daylight, neither can lies overtake truth, or hate remove love....

You build upward, once you hit rock-bottom.
It just works that way, have faith.
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 10:23 AM   #10
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
One only has to look at any roadway speed limit to understand that if there's no "speed limit enforcement" the signs are ignored as people break the law.

It doesn't take "rocket science" to postulate that human nature isn't any different when it comes to other laws... Being "egocentric organisms" the "I'm important enough to ignore that law" grows stronger with every day....

IMO, the worst is yet to come.... I'm glad we're "tucked away, deep in the tundra, far away from large populations of people..... Even here, we can't escape all the craziness, but with less people, there's less chance of running into that type behavior.
OK... Are you saying that because my wife speeds all the time in her Crown Vic that she is a scoff law and likely to shoot me if I rile her?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 12:06 PM   #11
dutchmensport

Nothing is ever going to change, it's only going to get worse, unless politicians give law enforcement back their rightful power and authority to kick a**, judges stop releasing criminals, and people like you and me who will stand up to the politicians. If WE just sit back and do nothing ... nothing is ever going to change, except everything will get worse and worse. So with that said, maybe it's time "we" stand up for what is right and decent instead of just talking about how bad our world is.
Old 01-28-2022, 12:14 PM   #12
chuckster57
Site Team

I feel for my brothers, I got out 14 years ago when we had more rights than the criminals.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 01-28-2022, 01:58 PM   #13
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Eddie View Post
Most of us who frequent the site are older....
We have the luxury of hindsight and history, to discern this moment in our lives.
I think most of us can see how that political pendulum swings both ways, rarely pausing in the middle where the vast majority of all of our beliefs meet.

The one distinct feature that has allowed America to thrive and prosper like no other civilization is unfettered free speech.
It is a pillar that holds all of us up together.

This 24/7 news cycle and the technologies driven by the INTERNET is like a major storm abutting that very pillar.

Driven by greed and power, wealth and more power, it is under assault by ignorance and evil.

Folks, it will force the pendulum to swing back, sooner.
Mankind has not really changed, no.
We still want peace, joy, acceptance and love.
That is all we ever wanted from day one, being created or having stepped out from our cave.

The NEWS industry is a drug.
It thrives on addiction and prospers on fear.
Use it wisely.

Look inside your heart and soul, we all share that commonality.
As darkness can't physically overtake daylight, neither can lies overtake truth, or hate remove love....

You build upward, once you hit rock-bottom.
It just works that way, have faith.
History has also taught us that a minority controlling the narrative and instilling fear in the majority can wreak havoc on the world. Just look to Europe in the late 1930's to mid 1940's. Hitler came increadibly close to world domination. It took an incredible amount of lives to straighten that out.
Old 01-28-2022, 04:35 PM   #14
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post

We're 40 miles as the crow flies from the crime scene. We are very familiar with the area. We grew up and went to school with kids from there.
We have very little random crime here in our small town. What there is usually is connected to domestic disputes or small time drug deals. That's why I'm here.
I can see the pendulum swinging a long way the other direction.
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
Old 01-28-2022, 07:09 PM   #15
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
The Billy Currington country song so true;
GOD IS GREAT, BEER IS GOOD, PEOPLE ARE CRAZY!
My hat's off to EVERYONE in law enforcement these days, you have to be dedicated to put up this kind of s##t!
My Texas Game Warden cousin came by the house a couple weeks ago. Told us she would be rotating in and out of La Joya on the Rio Grande border until about June. She's familiar with the general area as she was stationed at Laredo before.
Hopefully she's just dealing with the "I give up crowd" as opposed to "you can't catch me" types. She's the families only TV star: Lauren on Lone Star Law.
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
Old 02-03-2022, 08:31 AM   #16
friz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
OK... Are you saying that because my wife speeds all the time in her Crown Vic that she is a scoff law and likely to shoot me if I rile her?
You are the most qualified to answer the question. You married her pal. By even raising the question I believe you think "yes".
friz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:41 AM   #17
a&j

Every time I hear of another LEO being killed in the line of duty, a piece of me goes with them! I hung up my badge 8 years ago, and the wife hung hers up 3 years ago. There’s not enough money in the world to tempt us to return to the work we both loved so much!
The tables have definitely turned, and not for the better. May God continue to bless those who remain out there everyday to try to protect us and our freedoms!
a&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 10:01 AM   #18
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by friz View Post
You are the most qualified to answer the question. You married her pal. By even raising the question I believe you think "yes".
We will be married 50 years in 10 more days so I must have learned to be diplomatic a bit. I have learned to admit guilt quickly and beg for forgiveness regardless of the situation.
Old 02-03-2022, 10:02 AM   #19
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by a&j View Post
Every time I hear of another LEO being killed in the line of duty, a piece of me goes with them! I hung up my badge 8 years ago, and the wife hung hers up 3 years ago. There’s not enough money in the world to tempt us to return to the work we both loved so much!
The tables have definitely turned, and not for the better. May God continue to bless those who remain out there everyday to try to protect us and our freedoms!
Just watched a video of the funeral in NYC where the widow spoke. I never saw that many police in one place at one time; was incredible. I suspect Utah was no where near as crazy dangerous as NYC right now for the men and women in blue.
Old 02-03-2022, 10:05 AM   #20
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
We will be married 50 years in 10 more days so I must have learned to be diplomatic a bit. I have learned to admit guilt quickly and beg for forgiveness regardless of the situation.
Besides, if she shoots and kills him she can’t collect alimony every month.

Back to the thread; it’s not limited to cops:

https://fox40.com/news/local-news/po...mo-link-block1