Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2018, 04:34 PM   #21
chuckster57
Site Team

Atwood furnace not firing

If the furnace is near the “end of the system” then you need to cycle it a few times. Turn OFF the thermostat, wait 2 minutes and turn to heat.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:26 AM   #22
Homeswhereyouparkit

Thank you for the welcome and reply I've been trying everything and anything I could find to get this thing going as it is getting very cold in Barrie ontario, however i finally got a call back from keystone customer service saying that the AFM series furnaces by Atwood had a recall on them so if anyone else has this problem with a newer trailer or furnace call your dealership!
Homeswhereyouparkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 04:46 PM   #23
JoeD

Atwood AFM series furnace stopped igniting

Purchased a new 2018 Cougar Half ton 24SABWE in July 2018. We prepped for a cross country trip, west to east coast, started Oct 15. Reached Pennsylvania in early Nov, below freezing temps in the forecast, our heater stopped working. Fan runs but would not ignite. I checked all the things you tube, google and manuals had to offer. We reached our destination of Mystic Ct KOA. I call a local RV service guy. Within an hour, after wrangling the furnace out from under the refrig, he fired it up on the picnic table with his test rig. BAD IGNITOR ON CONTROL BOARD! He replaced the control board and within an hour, we had heat, working fine ever since. Yes this was under warranty.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:35 PM   #24
Logan X

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
Purchased a new 2018 Cougar Half ton 24SABWE in July 2018. We prepped for a cross country trip, west to east coast, started Oct 15. Reached Pennsylvania in early Nov, below freezing temps in the forecast, our heater stopped working. Fan runs but would not ignite. I checked all the things you tube, google and manuals had to offer. We reached our destination of Mystic Ct KOA. I call a local RV service guy. Within an hour, after wrangling the furnace out from under the refrig, he fired it up on the picnic table with his test rig. BAD IGNITOR ON CONTROL BOARD! He replaced the control board and within an hour, we had heat, working fine ever since. Yes this was under warranty.
Wow, what an ordeal. I’m glad you got it fixed and it is covered under warranty.
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:44 PM   #25
kjohn

Interesting. I got tired of trying to remember which tank was full and which might be running low, having to undo the hold down bracket and heft the tanks. I bought an inline gauge for one tank. Either way, I'll know which tank is still full, depending on which one I run down first. You pays your buck, and you takes your chances. I usually carry a spare tank in the truck as well.

IIRC, I usually run the non-gauged one down first. We made 5000 miles this summer with our 21RBS and I think we might have run one tank empty. If the weather is reasonable, I usually cook outside. The furnace might run on cool nights, so the fridge would be the one that likely takes the most gas in a boondock type situation.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:47 PM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

The next time you have one empty and one full tank, use your knuckle to tap the tanks near the middle. You will immediately notice a definite "different ring" between the tanks. If you remember what the "full ring" sounds like, you'll always know the status of your propane, although it might cause the need for a couple of Advil if you tap too often or too hard.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:18 PM   #27
chuckster57
Site Team

If you have an auto switchover regulator it’s even easier. Just look at the indicator, if it’s red the tank that the pointer is pointed to is empty.

Flip the pointer, it should turn green. Takevthe empty off and replace/refill. Turn it back on and away you go.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:32 PM   #28
Logan X

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
If you have an auto switchover regulator it’s even easier. Just look at the indicator, if it’s red the tank that the pointer is pointed to is empty.

Flip the pointer, it should turn green. Takevthe empty off and replace/refill. Turn it back on and away you go.
This I what I have. It works well.
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:25 PM   #29
JRTJH
Site Team

I gave up on trying to explain how an auto changeover regulator works. So many people won't (or can't) believe that they work. To me, using only one tank is like having a dual battery setup and going outside at 2AM to change to the other battery when the lights go out.... So, maybe the "bruised knuckle" approach ????

Maybe it's just that there are more people with "red/green color blindness" and they can't see the indicator... ???? I use mine, have for 30+ years and find it super simple way to always have propane without worrying about waking up shivering or having a half done steak and the grill "goes cold".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:57 PM   #30
Wingerdinger

And, without autoswitchover, you run out of gas bewteen 2 and 3am every time! It's like there's a little timer in the tank, and bam, 2am, it's time to run out! I love my auto switchover.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:05 AM   #31
travelin texans

The experience I've had with the inline gauges on the propane is that it's accurate twice, full & empty, nothing in between & my changeover does the very same thing without spending more $$ on the gauge.
There's a newfangled propane measuring system out now that sits under the bottle with a remote gauge inside & if I recall Bluetooth to your smart phone, but for no more propane than we use in a year I could fill my 30 lb bottles several times for the price of that system.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:52 PM   #32
ptooti

There was a recall on our furnace they came and fixed it under that same thing not firing

Current : 2018 Passport Elite 19RB
Past 2015 R-Pod 179
6,000 Equalizer WDH
2009 F150 Lariat 5.4l
ptooti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace