Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2018, 08:09 AM   #121
NorskeBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Rod View Post
Hello, I had a 2013 343RS Avalanche. Cooled just fine. I traded that one in for a 2017 Alpine 3660FL and was having same issue of it not being cooled enough in summer though I have two a.c.. I added additional return air grille in living room and added additional vents in living room and kitchen area. I changed out the vents with some I purchased on Amazon. They're less restrictive and directional. Unit is much more comfortable now
Nice TV and RV.

RV - 2017 Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4
NorskeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:50 AM   #122
brad2388

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Rod View Post
Hello, I had a 2013 343RS Avalanche. Cooled just fine. I traded that one in for a 2017 Alpine 3660FL and was having same issue of it not being cooled enough in summer though I have two a.c.. I added additional return air grille in living room and added additional vents in living room and kitchen area. I changed out the vents with some I purchased on Amazon. They're less restrictive and directional. Unit is much more comfortable now

Wo got the 3536re alpine. It didnt cool great either. I added more vents and ended up adding a 3rd ac. Now we csn sit at 68 on 100 degree days if we want!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:18 AM   #123
John&Genny

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorskeBob View Post
Looking to replace our thermostat too - which brand/model did you use?

I had the Dometic toppers installed before we took delivery - have white fabric. Black toppers are normally used for color coordination

Just got back from a 2 month stay in Myrtle Beach - no issues with the RV during the stay. Was nice having the large frig.
The original thermostat we had in the RV was a black Coleman-Mach model 7330F3858. The digital replacement is a Coleman-Mach 8330-3862. I purchased mine from RVUpgrades.com:

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Mach-...ck-p/63868.htm

I'm sure you probably know this, but disconnect the shore power AND battery before doing the mod just to prevent sparks

I'm still getting things ready to go in the RV before we take it out to our permanent camping spot. Only problem is that we haven't had enough warm weather here in the Pacific Northwest to get rid of all the snow north of us. So not sure we are going to make it out there on opening day *grumble*.
John&Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:32 AM   #124
NorskeBob

Thanks for the info

Old 04-15-2018, 04:51 AM   #125
NorskeBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by John&Genny View Post
Well now that spring is in the air, and the 320RS is out of storage, the One Year warranty is gone, time for mods! The first mod for this seaon was to replace out the old slider type thermostat with a newer digital model. Took only about a half hour to replace it as it’s basically a direct swap out with the same wire color codes. Next on the list is a set of LCI Solera slide toppers for both the large slides and the bedroom. I’ve looked at installation videos and it doesn’t look too difficult if you have some help. From what I can tell, the fabric railings were pre-installed on the Avalanche so that will help considerably. So what kind of mods will you be doing on your Avalanche?
Slide toppers fridge area - dometic brand
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0509.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	16035   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0510.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	16036  

Old 04-15-2018, 09:07 AM   #126
John&Genny

Interesting. It looks like they installed the brackets for the slider on the TV/Appliance side on the flange itself. I’ll have to look again to make sure but from what I remember, everywhere you see the black trim on the slide is where the flange is located. So either they had to use really short screws, or they just cut them off after installation. I tried to see what they did on the bedroom slide but I couldn’t quite tell from the picture. However after zooming in a couple of times, it looks like they installed those brackets on the body instead of the flange, is that correct?

I purchased the LCI Solera slide toppers. The bracket they provide is about 7” wide, so to put it on the body on the upper left side so that it clears the refer cover, I could just cut off 3” of the bracket. I would loose a couple of screw holes by doing so, but I could add one just by drilling another hole in the bracket. At least this way I would still be able to install the bracket in the body of the slide instead of the flange. Any thoughts on this?

Also, just out of curiosity, on the Dining area/seating slide, did they install the brackets on the flange there as well?

As always, thanks for the help and sharing your pictures NB!
Old 05-16-2018, 09:21 AM   #127
OBX Forever

Hi you all :-) I am new here. I have been looking at 2018 Avalanche 365MB and 370RD. I really like their floor plans. There seems not to be much information about 370RD? Should I be concerned? Also, I see in the posts about 365MB the issues with AC units. Would those issues be solved by now with this year's models?

We currently have a Forest River Heritage Glen 302FK and are seriously looking at those two above mentioned to upgrade.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated!
OBX Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:00 AM   #128
Thundershorts

We have a 370RD and really enjoy it. More than enough room and we like the floor plan. If the kids come along, they have their own couch to sleep on. We have had some minor issues while under warranty, but the dealer has been great to work with. The only one problem with the outside design, you cannot put a slide topper over the dinette slide, it’s too close to the awning. Not really a concern for me as I have never had them on my other trailer. As stated in this forum plenty of times, do a thorough PDI and have a good dealer. Enjoy whatever you decide to buy.
Thundershorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:43 AM   #129
NorskeBob

Fix for our "loose" dinette table. The screws used by the factory never stayed tight.
1. Purchased threaded inserts and 2 1/2 inch, 1/4 by 20 bolts and threaded inserts. Parts purchased at the local Lowes
2. With the screws removed I drilled holes large enough for a 1/4 inch bolt - don't drill to far.
3. Moved the dinette out of the way
4. Cut away the carpet and drilled the holes larger for the treaded inserts
5. Put masking tap over the end of the threaded inserts to prevent epoxy glue from entering the insert.
6. Threaded in the bolts up to the tape on the inserts.
7. Mixed epoxy and "filled" holes.
8. Put the metal inserts into the holes and ensured they were straight. Put extra epoxy around the inserts for added strength.
9. While the expoxy was setting I ensured the inserts remained straight
10. After the epoxy set up I removed the bolts
11. After 24 hours of epoxy set up time placed table in location, installed bolts (with washers) and painted the top of the bolts.
12. Will be camping next week and see if the table remains stable

I found this repair info on the internet

Another option should you have further problems would be to get threaded brass inserts like these (hardware stores should have much smaller quantities). These look like short, thick, brass tubes with a coarse wood thread on the outside and a machine screw thread on the inside. If the inserts are coated with a good adhesive like epoxy before installing, they will never loosen up.
E-Z Lok Threaded Insert, Zinc, Hex-Flush, 1/4"-20 Internal Threads, 0.512" Length
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	threaded insert.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	413.2 KB
ID:	17985   Click image for larger version

Name:	insert 1.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	404.8 KB
ID:	17986   Click image for larger version

Name:	insedrt 2.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	554.1 KB
ID:	17987   Click image for larger version

Name:	Painted.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	454.8 KB
ID:	17988   Click image for larger version

Name:	inserts info.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	17990  

Name:	tape.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	17991  

Old 10-19-2018, 04:06 PM   #130
Jim55

Does anyone know if the 2019 Avalanche 320 still has the bathroom sink plumbed into the black tank?
Thanks

Jim
Jim55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:07 AM   #131
rogermack50

I bought a 320 in July, love the floor-plan , king bed, 50" TV entertainment system and 3 slides. One thing it is Hugh driving, backing in etc. I bought it with the intention of getting a 6 month spot in Florida and 6 months in Maine. A vacation home. The 2 times that I've taken it out were both within 2 hours of my home, so no having to fuel up etc on the road. But leaving for Florida on Nov 3rd. On a side note I had a extra nice King Mattress and stored the RV one until when i ever sell it....It was just a cement mattress...i know some people like that, but i am spending considerable time in this Condo on wheels and need to be comfortable. The Hydraulic leveling is the best...Mine works great so far, push a button and let it do its thing...
rogermack50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:16 PM   #132
John&Genny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim55 View Post
Does anyone know if the 2019 Avalanche 320 still has the bathroom sink plumbed into the black tank?
Thanks

Jim
It probably does Jim, but honestly it hasn’t been a problem in our 2017. The sink does have a P-trap and when it has water in the trap, that will prevent the sewer gases from coming back into the bathroom.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:02 AM   #133
John&Genny

Rogermack: Glad you are enjoying your 320. We love ours and it was sad to put it to bed for the winter. Right now it’s in storage and we probably won’t get it out again until sometime in March. The DW and I are looking forward to when she can retire and we can do a bit more time on the road.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:59 AM   #134
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Took advantage of a gorgeous day to winterize mine. Last year the dealer did it and I had them install the winterization valve and tube. Made it super simple to DIY today. So glad I did that.

Also checked my L-bracket bolts and found a couple of loose ones. Fixed those too. Also brought my hitch home to wire brush, repaint and retorque the nuts.

You should check your nuts every once in a while.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:52 PM   #135
verriterri

Anyone still active on this thread?

Hi all! The hubs and I just put a deposit down on a 2018 Avalanche 365MB. These weren't even on our radar since they were out of our price range, but we got really lucky with a closeout deal and we couldn't be more excited. I was amazed at the quality of the unit when we walked through and it had everything we really wanted, minus the outdoor kitchen. But who needs the outdoor kitchen when you have a sweet indoor kitchen!

I was wondering if any of you have had any other issues and if you're still completely happy with your purchase. I would love to hear any updates. We take possession on Friday. This will be my hubs first RV, and my second from years ago when I had a 2004 Forest River Surveyor TT that had a major issue with the slide out, hoping to not repeat that experience. He's a little nervous about pulling this monster but he's got the truck to do it - 2009 Ford F350 SRW LB CC.

Can't wait to kiss hotels goodbye and use our new house on wheels! We are even thinking about full-timing in it for a year while we build our house. Any experiences to share would be appreciated!

Terri
verriterri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:59 PM   #136
E Rod

I had a 2013 Avalanche. It was a great unit. Never any issues. Traded it in on an Alpine. Only reason was because i wanted to upgrade. I've owned two Laredos, one Avalanche, one Avion, and a few others. You may have a few issues as I did with my Alpine but if you're mechanically inclined, you'll be ok. Enjoy your new unit.

2021 F350 Lariat Ultimate Pkg,FX4,CC,LB

2017 Alpine 3660FL
E Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:29 AM   #137
Tbos

Do a very detailed delivery inspection. There may be some small issues but you should be able to get those fixed under warranty. The Avalanche and Alpine are made in the same factory with a lower output capacity. We love our Alpine and have had no major issues. Enjoy your new rig. We will be here to help when/if needed.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 05:08 AM   #138
DanW

New avalanche owner to be

Currently have a deposit down on a 2018 330gr. Anybody out there with this model willing to share their experiences with me?
DanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:16 PM   #139
John&Genny

Congrats on the 330GR Dan. We have a 320 RS and love it so far. One thing to be aware of is the dump linkages for the Black and one of the Grey tanks may be reversed and so mislabeled. Seems to be a common malady with Avalanches & Alpines (both built in the same plant). Their workers have a problem reading the prints, or so it seems
Old 06-23-2019, 02:19 PM   #140
Hamops

We have 2014 295RL that we bought new in April 2015. For our shakedown run, we towed it over 10,000 miles in about 10 weeks. The only real problem that plagued us was the manual water directional valve. It stopped working the second day out and I had to connect the city water line directly to the cold water header, because the valve keep leaking into the fresh water tank and continually over filling it. This valve problem plagued us for 3 years, until I replaced the whole valve. Apparently there was a manufacturing problem and was not discovered until 2016.
Overall, we like the trailer very much. It's seen many miles (approx. 18,000) and I have had to replace the tires and perform minor repairs to keep it fit for service.
Isspro EGT & Boost Gauges, Rear View Camera System, Prodigy Controller. Custom Auxiliary Fuel System
2014 Keystone Avalanche 295RL
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote