Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #41
halfprice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley76 View Post
Must have a smoker.
Bought this about 4yrs. ago. I can smoke a whole chicken with just 12 pieces of charcoal. This is a post I made about it on one of the BBQ forums I hang out at.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=90761
Nice to see a fellow Brethren on this site. I bought the Weber Q120 but what I really wanted was a mini Green Egg (still might get one). My LXbge is not a mobile smoker. I did check several CGs and many do not allow charcoal grills. To much of a fire hazard. SO the Q will do nice for what I what and need.

Jerry

2008 Keystone Springdale 242FWRLSSR 5th wheel
2011 Chevy 2500 6.0 gas
16K Super Glide Sliding Hitch
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #42
hankaye

Harley76, Howdy;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley76 View Post
Must have a smoker.
Bought this about 4yrs. ago. I can smoke a whole chicken with just 12 pieces of charcoal. This is a post I made about it on one of the BBQ forums I hang out at.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=90761
Great link; Got my courisioty up about that 'Special' Sauce.
Please Pm particulars....

Thanks ....

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:14 AM   #43
Harley76

PM sent

Great link; Got my courisioty up about that 'Special' Sauce.
Please Pm particulars....

Thanks ....

hankaye[/QUOTE]
Harley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #44
Harley76

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Nice to see a fellow Brethren on this site. I bought the Weber Q120 but what I really wanted was a mini Green Egg (still might get one). My LXbge is not a mobile smoker. I did check several CGs and many do not allow charcoal grills. To much of a fire hazard. SO the Q will do nice for what I what and need.

Jerry
I would love to have a mini too, we're snowbirding it down in Gulf Shores this winter at the state park, a guy two sites down from me has a mini and loves it
Harley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #45
CincyGus

Done a lot of research on "users review" reading on small gas BBQ grills and I'm pretty sure I'm settled on the Weber. As mentioned before, I saw a lot of complaints about the coleman being difficult to clean well and that was a positive with the webers due to their curved cast aluminum bottom sections. That and I just like the idea of a cast aluminum grill body. Had a few steel ones and they always rust at some point, depending on care given.

I just havn't decided on the 100 or the 200 yet. The minority of the time, it's just my wife and daughter. The majority of the time we camp, we have others joining us at a ajoining campsite and usually setup one cooking area for the group. With the new camper and the 15' awning, I'm pretty sure CincyGus's campsite will quickly become the place to hang out. Therefore, the bigger 200 is likely where I'm headed. My 238ML comes with a low pressure line and a RVQ grill but if it's like most of the RV cooking appliances I've used in the past, I'm thinking I prob not going to be happy with the heat or flame output. We'll see. thats the only reason I have not jumped and bought one yet.

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Keystone Passport Express SL 238ML

My Camper and Mods https://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...sport%20238ML/
CincyGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #46
Festus2
Site Team

Can't Have Too Many BBQ's

In addition to our Weber 100, we (or I) just received one more portable BBQ - the Cobb. You won't see too many of these around but they are quite versatile little devils. You can, of course, grill but also fry, roast, smoke and bake using the various accessories that can be purchased either from Cobb or from a kitchen retail store. It is both small and compact and uses charcoal as its source of fuel. This can either be looked upon as a positive or negative as charcoal cooking has its benefits and disadvantages.
The Cobb originated in South Africa and, over the years, developed into what it has become today.
It is a bit pricey and the cleanup afterwards is a bit messier and takes longer than the Weber or other propane/gas BBQ's to cook.
We haven't tried it out yet but will do so at home before we head out when the weather improves.
If anyone wants to find out more information about it, go to this site:
www.cobbamerica.com
I'll submit an evaluation and write-up of the Cobb after it is "field tested".
Old 02-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #47
hankpage
Site Team

Festus2, I made the mistake of watching the videos on the Cobb website on an empty stomach. I'm thinking you should be testing it out this weekend and giving us a report ASAP. Wait till Sunday .... it will take me that long to get there. Very impressive and compact, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote