Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2022, 08:59 AM   #1
TommyV

Needing help

I have a 2018 Redwood 340RL 5th wheel. Since day one I have had major issues and very tired of dealing with them. Our frame hangers are bent Lippert put reinforcements across side to side but never straighten them. Since I have had 2 ties blow out tearing off fenders due to tires not tracking straight. I had the rear axle replaced but again the hangers never straighten. After My last blow out 2 new axles were installed. Again hangers never touched. Does anyone out there know of a good lawyer who handles these types of issues. We are afraid to travel with it not knowing what is going to go wrong next. Thanks
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 09:29 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
I have a 2018 Redwood 340RL 5th wheel. Since day one I have had major issues and very tired of dealing with them. Our frame hangers are bent Lippert put reinforcements across side to side but never straighten them. Since I have had 2 ties blow out tearing off fenders due to tires not tracking straight. I had the rear axle replaced but again the hangers never straighten. After My last blow out 2 new axles were installed. Again hangers never touched. Does anyone out there know of a good lawyer who handles these types of issues. We are afraid to travel with it not knowing what is going to go wrong next. Thanks
I take it you have brought these issues to Lippert and they have not resolved them? I think you are in California and I think there are lemon laws in place in that state for recreational vehicles. I doubt you will get specific referral of any lawyer from someone on this site but a web search turned up a lot of leads:

https://lemonlawcalifornia.info/rv-m...ome-lemon-law/
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 10:02 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Did Lippert do the work, or did you get it done at an RV repair facility? There is a specific form and detailed instructions to measure for axle alignment.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 10:34 AM   #4
NH_Bulldog

Not trying to rub salt in your wound, but why would you accept any repair that did not include work completed to your satisfaction? By accepting the repairs as performed, you might bear some measure of responsibility. A good attorney might help if they see enough in it for themselves, but your best bet might be your state consumer protection/attorney general office.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 10:47 AM   #5
TommyV

Thank you for those responding, this is my first time on this forum. Lippert did the repairs Lippert sent the new axels out to the dealership I purchased from. Lippert is sending someone out to take measurements . I just don't feel safe pulling this 17,000 lb rig with all the issues we have had. When Lippert came and did their supposed corrections I trusted they did it right.
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 11:18 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

It sounds like Lippert technicians didn’t do the second repair, but they did the first one?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 01:10 PM   #7
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
Not trying to rub salt in your wound, but why would you accept any repair that did not include work completed to your satisfaction? By accepting the repairs as performed, you might bear some measure of responsibility. A good attorney might help if they see enough in it for themselves, but your best bet might be your state consumer protection/attorney general office.
I suspect that when Lippert tech did the repairs most anyone would assume that the repairs were done correctly and it sounds like the OP didn't know they were not done correctly until he experienced subsequent issues.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 01:17 PM   #8
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
Thank you for those responding, this is my first time on this forum. Lippert did the repairs Lippert sent the new axels out to the dealership I purchased from. Lippert is sending someone out to take measurements . I just don't feel safe pulling this 17,000 lb rig with all the issues we have had. When Lippert came and did their supposed corrections I trusted they did it right.
So it reads to me like Lippert paid for the first replacement axles and the selling dealer installed them. Who paid for the second set and installed those? If lippert is sending their techs to measure (I assume inspect?) Then it appears they are responding in an attempt to rectify the issue. Is this correct?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 01:29 PM   #9
NH_Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I suspect that when Lippert tech did the repairs most anyone would assume that the repairs were done correctly and it sounds like the OP didn't know they were not done correctly until he experienced subsequent issues.
George, I agree that Lippert should have been trusted, and I can’t say that I wouldn’t have felt the same way. But both times he was aware that the hangers were bent/misaligned and hadn’t been corrected, and both times he accepted the work.

I am in no way disparaging the OP. My statement is more of a cautionary tale for anyone now or in the future to be aware of what they are accepting before they take delivery of a repaired item. Ask questions, get confirmation, ask about a warranty for the warranty. Unfortunately I have been in his shoes and it was costly for me.
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote