Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
2011 keystone

A sad day

Just got done putting in the pink stuff northern WV is getting cold. Winter did not seem so bad before I started camping. Cant wait till may first camping trip already planned.
New TT 2014 j@%$O 32BHDS
2011 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
wozzukes

Winter hit us before we even had a chance to put in the pink stuff here in PA! We've been without power most of the day and it doesn't look like we'll be getting it back any time soon! Had to break out the old Coleman camp stove to make some dinner, so I guess we kind of have the camping effect going on, haha!
Old 10-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
jq1031

Putting the RV away for the season is always a downer! Living in Florida we start using it now as the humidity is gone along with the bugs. A reverse of seasons I guess. The best part is the looking forward to the next trip!
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
Bob Landry

Tomorrow wraps up a week in an Arkansas Stae Park. We have reservations in another one for Thanksgiving. My camping season starts when Summer goes away.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:36 AM   #5
cumminsdad08

well at least you all have your trailer. we got kicked off the mountain by a foot of snow!!! i had to leave it there in a clearing, and it took every bit of skill and ability of my truck to get it out in the open. we were ok when it was starting to snow. even made a snowman. but sitting in the trailer watching a movie and hearing large chunks of snow falling off the branches, i got a little nervous and geared up to go outside and clean off the awning and slide(which was done about every 15 min), and a very large branch fell right inbetween the sites on the road. wow, ok, i guess that decision just got a little easier. so i fired up the truck, told the wife to pack up. went out and had to use the truck to pull the branch off the road. with in the hour we were pulled out. and good thing, a large branch was ready to come down right over the trailer and my truck. so i run down the mountain with my tail between my legs, but i will be back to fight another day. i didn't care about the trailer and truck, but being stuck up there with out heat and shelter, with no one to come and get us. you know it stinks being that "guy with the big truck", who do i call for help?

but we are home, safe. little one sleeping on my lap now. in a few hours i am going to head back up and see if i can get her home to dump some antifreeze in her wish me some luck.
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:53 AM   #6
wrighfr58

Safe Travels..It's unbelieveable the storm totals so early.

2008 Ford F250 King Ranch 6.4L Diesel
wrighfr58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:05 AM   #7
cumminsdad08

i couldn't imagine how fast it accumalated. i was figureing on an inch or two, even in the hills, but it just wouldn't stop. with all the leaves up yet, i didn't think that trees could bend that far. i grew up and spent a lot of time in the hills where we were camping, and i never saw anything like that this early in the season. there have sure been a lot of weird wether lately. you never know what the next day is going to be. oh well, i think the only thing that we didn't camp in this year, was the hurrican. we had floods, heat, rain, cold, and now snow. what a rookie year. how did you make out in virgina. i was down that way on thursday for work, stanley, and it got cold real quick in the morning.
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Old 10-30-2011, 04:31 AM   #8
cumminsdad08

the first picture is around 10:00 am the second was around lunch, and the third was around 1:30-2:00 PM. there was sevral more inch's till we left, but didn't really get any good pictures of it, it was getting dark.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper snowman.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	699   Click image for larger version

Name:	camper snowball.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	698   Click image for larger version

Name:	camper snow 1_edited-1.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	697  
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Old 10-31-2011, 05:52 AM   #9
wozzukes

Where were you camping at? We had a little over a foot at our house. Were without power for about 36 hours. Finally got that back but still no cable or internet since a tree limb took out the line - ripped it straight out of the pole! No estimate on when they may get to repairing it. We have lots of branches and limbs to clean up, but luckily no apparent damage to the 5ver, at least not that we can see! I think we will be winterizing next weekend....