Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2017, 05:07 PM   #31
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfifield01 View Post
Ethanol free... That must be nice to have in your area. It's almost impossible to find in Central Texas.
Check this link: https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=TX There's an "unbranded" station in Austin, Lakeway Marina, 512-261-7511 located at 103 A Lakeway Dr that sells ethanol free gas.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:38 PM   #32
Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfifield01 View Post
Ethanol free... That must be nice to have in your area. It's almost impossible to find in Central Texas.
It's almost impossible to find in CO too. We just had a new Maverick station built locally and one being built close to where I live. They advertise Ethanol free fuel at a slightly higher price. I'm taking the Raptor to NM over Christmas to visit the grand kids. I'll have to check it out.

Retired LEO, Veteran
I'm growing older, but I'll never grow up.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 05:06 AM   #33
ctbruce
Site Team

Curious, why not just pump it into your car tank and burn it that way? This way you don't have to worry about storage, sludge or condensation. Just a thought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 05:45 AM   #34
notanlines

Chip, the problem comes in with the tank for the onboard generator. No drain and the pump/nozzle just works from the "toy tank." At least that's the way it was with the Raptor. I truly do think that a drain on the bottom of both tanks would have been a very good idea.
2017 Mobile Suites
20K Reese slider
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 05:49 AM   #35
xrated

I agree, a drain would have been nice, but the bottom line to me is, I don't want an empty tank for the entire winter to gather moisture in the air then start rusting inside the tank. So, I'll grab some more fuel, probably today, and finish filling the 30 gallon tank with treated fuel (StaBil) and of course use some of it over the winter storage months because I will exercise the onboard generator at least monthly.

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #36
Scout179

I'm still a "newby" to the board, but I do know the answer to the "why fill the tank" question. The idea behind filling the tank is to reduce the available space for fuel vapors to gather. By limiting that space, there is less contraction/expansion to create moisture. So, you have less water in the fuel.
Since being a volunteer Firefighter some years back, I am a true believer in Stabil red. Starting an old firetruck that had not been started in weeks or months was a nightmare, until we started adding Stabil at every fill up. It keeps the higher hydro-carbons from evaporating and help reduce carburetor varnishing. I now add it to all fuel I purchase for mowers, weed eaters, generators, boats,ect...starting in the fall. Seldom have any problems.
Scout179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:39 AM   #37
auwingrider

put stable in the gas run the generator for at least a half an hour after and make sure tank is full. i have no issues doing this with any gas powered item that sits for a long time.

auwingrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, tank