Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2017, 02:07 PM   #1
john82009

2017 Cougar xLite shop manual

I am a do it yourselfer and would like to find a shop/service manual for my 2017 Cougar xLite 5th wheel. Nothing is wrong with it now but I would like to have it on hand. I did a Google search and all I found was your normal generic owners manual.
Thank you in advance
john82009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:13 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Good Luck trying to find any manual or any "service guide" for any Keystone product. They simply don't exist. About the closest you're going to get to a "service manual" is this forum, and it's probably more "fragmented" than it is "organized to help with specific problems".... The same goes for wiring diagrams, plumbing diagrams, blueprints of walls and "where the water pump is located".....

That said, trailers, whether they are Keystone, Jayco, Forest River or another brand are all "basically the same" built using the same technology, same components, same appliances and they are built, for the most part, in the same location (Indiana). While there are some "broadened location exceptions", almost all trailers are more "similar" than they are "different"....

So, that "shop manual" or "service manual' you're seeking is like that "elusive butterfly" in a popular song from "days gone by".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:59 PM   #3
Canonman

What John said.
However, the component manufacturers; fridge, stove, A/C awning etc. do have individual manuals that are at least somewhat comprehensive. These can be downloaded from their websites. Probably not the answer you're looking for but it may help a little.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0363.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	378.1 KB
ID:	14792  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:00 PM   #4
john82009

Thank you both for taking the time to reply. It is very much appreciated.
john82009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:06 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

I would echo the above. You should have all the manuals for the components, but, an overall schematic (comprehensive), overview, etc. of the RV won't be there....no matter the manufacturer. Just be familiar with your operating systems and the construction of your trailer....basic walk around, dig through stuff.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:10 PM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Your best shop manual is this forum.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:14 AM   #7
CWtheMan

Amazon & eBay both have listings for numerous RV Repair & Maintenance Manuals. Just search for the specific model and year.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:17 AM   #8
flybouy
Site Team

Keystone manufactures the "box" and sets it on a third party frame and fills it with 3 rd party equipment. As stated by previous posters there are no manuals or info on Keystone's work. If you purchased your unit new the dealer should have provided you with the install/warranty papers for each appliance and every 3 rd party piece of equipment i.e. water pump, jacks/stabilizers, converter charger, appliances, etc. There's a lot of information in those papers that make for some off camping season reading.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:43 AM   #9
LZScout

First thing I did after getting my Keystone Alpine 3250RL home was to dig into the innards. I dropped the bottom cover and cleaned up the construction mess Keystone left. I learned all about the tank layouts and plumbing paths that way. I also found some frame damage I later had fixed by the dealer. I also found where the gas line was unsupported or had come loose. I pulled the spare tire off and found the storage winch heavily damaged, which the dealer also replaced. I crawled into the basement area and took the walls off so that I could find the pump, water lines, converter, and to try to figure out the electrical/cable lines. I’m still working on that. Still, I know a lot more than I did before. Your eyes are the best manual. These units are just not that complicated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2012 F-350 SRW Lariat Supercrew 4X4 6.7L Diesel
2013 Keystone Alpine 3250RL
LZScout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar