Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2017, 01:50 PM   #11
Eastham

Mail

Keep loading the post office up with casuals and part time workers half the pay little benefits and see what you get.the days of full time regulars good benefits are a thing of the past. We pay $17.00 a week they put all the mail in priority envelopes send it out on wedsday we have all mail by sat.excellent service the last 2 yrs.also when forwarded very little trouble.

Eastham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 03:10 PM   #12
labman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
^^^^^ I also signed up for Informed Delivery from the USPS (free). They send an email every day with a picture of the envelope of the mail you received that day - very handy.
i'll check in to that! thanks, I wasn't aware of that as an option!

Old 11-18-2017, 04:37 PM   #13
hankpage
Site Team

We have been forwarding our mail for up to 6 months for years. Only problems were when substitute carriers would leave mail in the mail box ..... This year I fixed that by cable-tying the box shut. Our regular carrier is very dependable but the temps are terrible.
'07 Cougar Mods
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 05:06 PM   #14
sourdough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
We have been forwarding our mail for up to 6 months for years. Only problems were when substitute carriers would leave mail in the mail box ..... This year I fixed that by cable-tying the box shut. Our regular carrier is very dependable but the temps are terrible.
^^^Same here. Our regular carrier is excellent but those that temp bring me mail for every kind of person around us and I'm sure my mail goes "out there" as well.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:35 PM   #15
bobbecky

We are full time and have an annual membership at Americas Mailbox. They do have quarterly plans that would work for people that are not full time, so you would just do a change of address prior to hitting the road, and then again when returning home. We use their Gold plan where they are authorized to discard our junk mail, so we don't have to pay to ship us junk that we would just throw away. http://www.americas-mailbox.com/home/plans/gold
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:58 AM   #16
notanlines

I guess one should learn a little something every day. I had never heard of "Informed Delivery" but after looking into it on their site I immediately signed on. Easy-peasy! Now hopefully I'll be able to have some sort of record of what SHOULD be headed my way.
2017 Mobile Suites
20K Reese slider
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 04:32 AM   #17
Dave W

I had never heard of the POs informed service and need to look into it as well.
(https://informeddelivery.usps.com/bo...o/start.action)

For a month, and depending on when we trave in a month, check out our balances and statements on line and pay them off. If too soon right afterwards, then look at what and when they are due in a CG I'm pretty comfortable at security wise and then check them.

Additionally, there are mail forwarding services you can use. There is some delay but they will send the entire paper package to you at some unknown to me cost.

Then postal help - our long time delivery guy (20+ years) retired last month. He was great. The new one - well let's just say she still has a long way to go from what I've seen so far. Looks like about the only thing keeping the USPS going is AMAZON PRIME plus junk mail.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:32 AM   #18
sourdough

I would encourage anyone traveling and still receiving mail from the USPS to sign up for informed delivery. To me it's very handy. The scans of the mail you receive every day is very helpful, ie; I filed an extension for my income tax. We had to leave before I received my refund check (first time in 12 years!!!). We were gone 3 days and bing....there's an email with the picture of the refund envelope! Called the next day for them to verify that it was in the tub and sure enough it's there. If it's not for some reason when we get back I have the email to show that it was at one time as well as my documented phone call. Pretty handy.

sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote