Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2018, 04:56 PM   #1
Snoking

Dimmer install in main area of Laredo 225MK

So I ordered a dimmer from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A study of the circuit indicated that they switch the negative/ground side on the lighting circuit.

The ceiling has six LED lights. I remove the switch panel I found that the light switch in the positive led to the ceiling lights and the negative/ground is in a bundle of wires crimped together. I removed dimmer from the case it came in and wired it in as follows.

1 IN V- = V- jumper from the negative/ground bundle
2. Out V- = V- the lighting circuit wire removed from the negative/ground bundle
3. IN V+ = V+ jumper from the 12V multi-lead connector on the back side on the panel. Because the IN V+ and OUT V+ as bused together in the dimmer only one positive input is needed.

I drilled a hole for the rheostat light control in a blank slide panel filler, mounting it there, and left the little circuit card floating in the wire bundles behind the panel.

The two pictures of lights on low and high do not do justice to the end result.

I ordered two more of these dimmers. I am going to one in the ceiling of the slide for those to lights above the theater seating. I pulled down the light that is closer to the refer and found that it is the first one in line to the two lights.

I will enlarge the wiring hole slightly and do a similar installation with the Rheostat mounted through the ceiling panel next to the light, as these two lights only use the push button switches on the lights.

The second additional one is going to replace the touch dimmer I put in the 5th wheel bedroom that we do not like. Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20180901_171051.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	18354   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20180901_171147.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	18355   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180901_171111.jpg
Views:	230