Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2017, 11:41 AM   #1
oldmanbill

winterizing questions

I am new to Keystone. I have a Couger, 34 foot, 2011, front kitchen. The tank draining is confusing. Here is the problem, trailer is stuck for now. I ran antifreeze through the fresh tank and all water lines, drained the hot water tank, two grey water tanks show empty, black 1/3 or less and no way to drain it. Going down to teens for near a week, above freezing days. Not heated. I am worried about the black drain valving, the tanks should be ok. Also the flush system is not protected. Any thoughts, I can't screw this up before even parking and setting up. No way in current location to drain.
oldmanbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:56 PM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Just my opinion so take it for what it's worth.

I'm guessing since you put the antifreeze into the fresh water tank, you pumped it through the faucets inside and out and the toilet as well.

As far as the black tank, you have enough expansion room so that will not be a problem. The grey valve could be emptied to protect it, but not the black valve. For it you could use heat tape or maybe a heat lamp?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:44 PM   #3
oldmanbill

Thanks for the reply. Just got back from the store with some heat tape for that valve. also going to try for leaving the fireplace heater on low. New Years eve is the first bad night, it is 40 miles down so tomorrow I guess. I think the flush system will gravity feed out of trouble so I feel better about it, Happy New Year!
Old 12-29-2017, 03:30 PM   #4
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanbill View Post
Thanks for the reply. Just got back from the store with some heat tape for that valve. also going to try for leaving the fireplace heater on low. New Years eve is the first bad night, it is 40 miles down so tomorrow I guess. I think the flush system will gravity feed out of trouble so I feel better about it, Happy New Year!
Sounds like a sound plan. Happy New Year!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:37 AM   #5
oldmanbill

Thought I might comment on my difficulties. 30FKV stuck in my sons grass/mud, bad weather, I hate winter but used it for advantage. 10 degree nights, couple of below freezing days, the ground froze. I had jacked and put boards under the trailer, came out on an icey morning with the ground frozen, hooked up and backed it in. Freezing worked to advantage this time! All this in a class A front yard...

Tags
winter, winterizing