Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2018, 08:43 PM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr fixit View Post
...And by the way I used a slick water proof grease, it cost a dollar a bottle at the dollar store, petroleum jelly
This is a 5 year old thread and most of the posters are no longer active on the forum. Posting "new info" in such an "antique thread" typically doesn't provide any help to the member seeking advice, so it's better to start a new thread if new information needs to be shared.

I responded to another of your posts referencing use of petroleum jelly to lubricate the slides. Are you aware that Keystone warns (in the owner's manual) against using any petroleum based lubricants on the slide mechanisms? Just because it works doesn't mean it's not harmful or won't attract sand/dirt that can cause excessive wear.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:05 AM   #12
Tinner12002

Our 18 Raptor has the cable operated slides in all three locations, seem to work good so far. Had the same issue some others have had with the oil from the motor dripping on the top of the slides, all three, and causing the material to bubble up. Taking it into dealer after the Charlotte Race to have them do their fix for that including cutting out the bubble and patching the top of the slide. Told them to check the cables at that time and make any adjustments that's required.

Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:39 AM   #13
Tinner12002

Lol...didn't look at the date of when it was orig posted!
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 07:14 AM   #14
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinner12002 View Post
Lol...didn't look at the date of when it was orig posted!
Yup, there's a better than average chance that the trailer in question is either traded in on a bigger one, sold to the neighbor or dragged to a permanent site on a lake in the woods......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 01:16 PM   #15
lcanterbury

Premier Slide

I recently had to replace the small gearbox on the 12' slide on my 2015 Premier Bullet. The slide start jerking when I would move it in and out. I talked with a RV Tech and he suggested the I lubricate the seals with a lube made for the slide seals. This worked but then I noticed it started jerking even after lubricating. I found the seal along the bottom of the slide was folded to the inside which created in essence a brake. I removed the seal and replaced it with basically a door sweep type seal. This closes the area to keep insects, water, etc. out but it will not fold into the opening and create a brake effect. I have done this to both slides on the unit and everything is back to working smoothly.
The gearbox is not too bad to change. The bearing mount on the intermediate gear in the gearbox won't take a lot of abuse. I am sure the jerking probably caused the failure. There are a few Youtube videos on the process. I did mine without removing any of the decorative molding on the slide.

lcanterbury is offline   Reply With Quote