Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2018, 10:36 AM   #81
MattE303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Mole View Post
Pre Departure and Post Arrival Check Off Lists: I use a clear plastic document holder and a China Marker (wax pencil) to mark off completed items which is wiped off after all items are marked as complete. The lists themselves are in order from the first thing to do to the end, keeps my world in check and I got used to doing this while onboard ships.
If you prefer a "high tech" approach to stuff like this, there's a free mobile phone app available for both Android and iPhones that allows you to easily create and re-use checklists called Google Keep. Your checklists automatically sync to your Google account so you can edit them on your computer (via https://keep.google.com/keep/) and the new/updated lists will automatically appear on your phone. I have a variety of checklists for camping and race weekends as well as other stuff, very useful!

2002 Ford F350 7.3 Super Duty XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW -- Pullrite Super 5th 16K
2017 Keystone Carbon 337
2022 Honda CRF-450R
MattE303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:42 AM   #82
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Mole View Post
Measure and know the distance that the slide outs travel and check for obstructions before moving it out. Yes, tape measure is part of the tool kit.
I have a piece of yellow rope the length of our unit. At each corner of the slide out I tied rope the length of the slide out projection at a right angle. Don't always use it but in those few instances where the site has been tight and the trees, pedestals, etc many it has saved a lot of repositioning the camper. It only takes a few seconds to remove it from the truck bed and lat it out on the ground. It will guide you back straight and let you know where to stop.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:42 PM   #83
KSH

You squeeze it on the brake controller.
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 02:14 PM   #84
pikespeakviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSH View Post
You squeeze it on the brake controller.
Like you do when you start your trip. Ok, I thought it was more complicated than that.

Thanks
Old 07-27-2018, 05:41 PM   #85
DOWva

That's very important when setting up to not let anyone distract you. We own a 26 foot boat as well and when we come into shore everyone wants to help and I understand that but we tell everyone keep your seat and do not grab the pier or lines. Makes RVing a lot easier as well.

Doug & Diane * Richmond,VA
2014 Keystone Cougar
M-315 High Country 5th Wheel
2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 392 Hemi

AirLifts
DOWva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 05:48 PM   #86
DOWva

One other thing we do is I measured the distance my slide outs go out and marked my water hose with a piece of yellow tape so before we put our slide outs out we take the hose and measure real quick for safety.

Doug & Diane * Richmond,VA
2014 Keystone Cougar
M-315 High Country 5th Wheel
2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 392 Hemi

AirLifts
DOWva is offline   Reply With Quote