Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2017, 08:51 AM   #21
Hapie Camper

I was finally able to work and test the A/C and it improved a lot. There IS a good amount of dead space on both ends of the trailer A/C ducting.

I blocked them off with pieces of styrofoam and foil duct tape. It made a big difference on air volume. We camped this week, temps were in the high 90's and in direct sun and we got the inside temp to 82 without turning on the 2nd A/C. Once we kicked on the 2nd A/C we got it down to 78 in the livingroom and colder in the bedroom. It wasn't freezing but it was comfortable. I like it colder but I realize I'm not at home. It is an improvement though.

On another note... I got an "Error LF Jack" on my auto leveling system but I was on pretty unlevel ground. I thought it was because that jack was at full extend but i could manually extend it after the error would come up. I cleared the error and tried again but it did it again even after adding blocks. I did have the right landing gear pinned with more holes showing than the left.

I'll have to unhitch it from the truck and try it at home and see what happens. I got home, parked it and hurried off to work so I wasn't able to mess with it. I'll keep y'all informed.
Hapie Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:20 AM   #22
heiserk0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapie Camper View Post
I was finally able to work and test the A/C and it improved a lot. There IS a good amount of dead space on both ends of the trailer A/C ducting.

I blocked them off with pieces of styrofoam and foil duct tape. It made a big difference on air volume. We camped this week, temps were in the high 90's and in direct sun and we got the inside temp to 82 without turning on the 2nd A/C. Once we kicked on the 2nd A/C we got it down to 78 in the livingroom and colder in the bedroom. It wasn't freezing but it was comfortable. I like it colder but I realize I'm not at home. It is an improvement though.

On another note... I got an "Error LF Jack" on my auto leveling system but I was on pretty unlevel ground. I thought it was because that jack was at full extend but i could manually extend it after the error would come up. I cleared the error and tried again but it did it again even after adding blocks. I did have the right landing gear pinned with more holes showing than the left.

I'll have to unhitch it from the truck and try it at home and see what happens. I got home, parked it and hurried off to work so I wasn't able to mess with it. I'll keep y'all informed.
Yeah...the bathroom air conditioning vent is puzzling to me too. Really doesn't need to be there. We too received a LF Jack Error on our last trip. Pretty sure we didn't give the jack enough room for error. Was able to clear the message and get everything working again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tags
keystone, laredo