Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2015, 03:02 AM   #21
14george

Going to have one installed at the end of the month by dealer
Old 07-15-2018, 06:20 AM   #22
fmitzen

Did you get the slide topper installed on your 32rli, I have the same trailer and I don't see enough room above the slide outs for the topper.
fmitzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:29 AM   #23
Andymil

Carefree SOKIII Caution

I just put toppers on the two living room slides on our Sprinter. It wasn’t a difficult project especially since I had access to a man-lift.

I purchased the Carefree toppers on Amazon for about $300 each including tax. I thought it was a pretty good deal. I got the SOKIII because I thought the cover would be a good idea. What I didn’t realize was the ones I bought (#UQ0850025) didn’t include the cover, just the wind deflector. After emailing Carefree, they said they would be happy to sell the covers for $209 each plus $35 shipping for both. I’ll do without the covers. As far as I’m concerned, this is a scam, or at least a poor way of doing business. The ad was not clear about the cover not being included. I now know the correct part number for the complete topper with cover is UP0850025 (the first three numbers indicate the length). The price difference is about $60. I haven’t purchased the topper for the third slideout yet. The toppers do seem to be a good quality product.

The only problem I ran into with the install was the drip rails. On the first side I did, the drip rail was high enough to get the topper rail mounted below it and still be within Carefrees specs (just barely). If I removed the drip rail, the topper rail would have been too high if I wanted it to cover the old holes in the trailer.

On the other side the drip rail was mounted at the right height for the topper rail so I removed the drip rail and installed the topper rail in place of the drip rail. Cleaning the old silicone seal off the side of the trailer after removing the drip rail was the worst part of the project. I never noticed it before but Keystone installed one drip rail about two inches higher than the other. At least they were parallel to the slideouts.

All screws bit into solid backing material.

Next week I’ll be installing a second A/C in place of the bedroom vent. The man-lift will make that easier too.
Andymil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 12:07 PM   #24
14george

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmitzen View Post
Did you get the slide topper installed on your 32rli, I have the same trailer and I don't see enough room above the slide outs for the topper.
That was on my 240mk I had. did not install on my 32RLI