Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
doane00

Six Point Leveling System Won't Fully Auto Retract

On a recently purchased Alpine the six point leveling system auto levels fine, and after pressing left and right button at the same time it goes back to truck height for hooking up. After scrolling to auto retract and pressing enter, not all jacks fully retract. I end up manually retracting a couple of jacks that only partially retracted. Is there a system reset I can perform or any other ideas?
doane00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
mhs4771

What were the outside temps when this happened? The Auto Re-tract operates on a pressure sense, once it senses a certain amount of pressure it shuts the pump off. I've experienced the problem, but generally when the temps are in the 40's or so. When it does happen I just do as you did and switch to manual mode and finish bring them up.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
Bigsky3625

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
What were the outside temps when this happened? The Auto Re-tract operates on a pressure sense, once it senses a certain amount of pressure it shuts the pump off. I've experienced the problem, but generally when the temps are in the 40's or so. When it does happen I just do as you did and switch to manual mode and finish bring them up.
X2. Seems when cold it likes to stop and think some time.
One Wife

Bigsky3625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
Ron

Cold temps will definitely trip out a circuit breaker due to thick fluid in the 6 point leveling system, will also do the same with the hydraulic slides.....My system will not go back to the un hitched hight but will auto retract.......
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:07 AM   #5
doane00

Living in Montana, it has been from the teens to low 40s since I purchased the Alpine a month ago. It worked when I picked it up at the dealer, but it was warmer then. I have been traveling throughout the State for a good share of the month and have used the system extensively. I will see if it works better when it warms up. I have noticed the hydraulic slides stopping as well and having to wait a moment to restart. I figured that was from the cold temperatures. All in all I really like the system.
doane00 is offline   Reply With Quote