Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2015, 02:18 AM   #21
Scttw

Love ours ..... raised on both ends - parked full time. Pics in Sig.

The trim levels on the Alpine are outstanding.
80 x 175 lot
Pics of our Setup
Scttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:02 AM   #22
turbopilot51

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmunoz View Post
we bought new a 3500RE, we loved the floor plan and the space. had a few issues when new ,but they were all sorted pretty quick . I did all the repairs myself , keystone sent the parts, they were great about that. Since then I have added some mods to make it right for us. We dry camp alot, and with all LED lighting , solar, 6 trojans, and 500W of solar feeding a 2K pure sine wave inverter, we almost never need a plug or generator. very comfortable for us.

to bad the 6 point was not available on this unit, but am seriously thinking about a retrofit.

all in all a great rv
Let me know what you find out about a retrofit on the 6 point leveler. My 2012 3500RE could use one.
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
turbopilot51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:43 AM   #23
dgwilson50

The 6 point leveling system is awesome. So quick and easy. I would say well worth a retro.
dgwilson50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:42 AM   #24
2togoNebraska

Question Allure planking

We have a 2012 Alpine and our considering replacing the main floor carpeting with Allure plank flooring. We would leave the slides with the original carpeting. Has anyone done this? Any info on if the slides would scratch/mar the vinyl planking? Any tips and/or recommendations would be appreciated.
2togoNebraska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:26 PM   #25
Stanbro

We just purchased a 2018 Alpine 3400RS. We custom ordered it as we wanted full body paint, a generator, and dual-pane windows. I took delivery two weeks ago.

This is my fourth RV so I am no stranger to the issues one finds with a new RV. Unfortunately this one has a remarkable number of problems and I am rather disappointed with the quantity of them and the seriousness of a few . . .

1) The roof membrane has numerous sharp objects under it that will eventually protrude through it (staples, screws, wood chips, etc.). It appears that the roof was not cleaned before the membrane was stretched over the decking material. I went to the Keystone factor in Indiana and showed the roof to the Customer Support Manager. I was told Keystone will do nothing about it. If it leaks within the warranty period, they will evaluate it then. Which means what? Patches where the objects poke through? I want them to install a new roof after they clean off the debris from the decking. I'm rather angry about this and and looking for any suggestions from forum members.

2) A hydraulic line on the right-front jack split and is leaking fluid.

3) The power for the emergency breakaway circuit was wired without a fuse or circuit breaker and the hot wire of the breakaway switch was installed such that it chafed between the front cap and the pin box. It eventually shorted to the pin box which is chassis ground. That wire got extremely hot and melted all of the insulation, melted the split-loom tubing it was routed in, and melted against the other wires in the loom. Why it did not burn up all the wires in the loom or the entire trailer is a mystery. It has been repaired as I found it during my inspection at the dealer.

4) One of the ceiling fan blades broke off on the trip home, apparently due to road shock.

5) The rear screws of the drawer slides that support the kitchen drawers were only 3/8" long and screwed into soft pine. They pulled out of the pine and the drawers were dangling from just the front screws when I opened them.

6) The light fixture over the kitchen island lost pieces of its hardware due to vibration and the pieces got under the driver-side slide during transit from the factory to the dealer. When the slide went in and out the pieces trapped under the slide damaged the vinyl flooring. Not sure how that is going to get fixed.

7) The bathroom shower has a chip in the gel coat on the floor so that the black color of the underlying fiberglass is showing. Not sure if a workman dropped a tool on it or if it was a manufacturing defect in the shower. Also not sure how that is going to get fixed.

8) The audio cable that runs from the living room TV to the stereo head unit was wired such that audio out from the TV was plugged into the audio out of the head unit (should have been audio in). Granted, a minor issue, but it took me over an hour to figure out what was wrong and required that I pull the stereo head unit out of the cabinet it is installed in to trace the wiring.

9) The passenger-side slide is leaving large areas of black marks on the vinyl floor that I wipe away only to reappear the next time the trailer goes down the road. It seems there is black plastic on the underside of the slide that is wearing off on the floor due to vibration.

10) One of the LEDs in the light fixture over the kitchen island basically rattled apart and bits of it were all over the island after a day's drive.

11) One of the two light shades of the kitchen island light fixture has fallen off two times during travel. All of the hardware on that light fixture needs to be secured with thread locker from the factory.

In summary, this unit is NOT up to the quality I expected from Keystone. The fact that they did such a poor job on the roof is unacceptable. I purchased this Alpine due to the positive things I read about the Alpine brand and Keystone products. To say that I am disappointed is an understatement.

Mike Stanbro
Hillsboro, Oregon
Stanbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:53 PM   #26
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Stanbro, Sorry there is so much. Did you discover all of this at your PDI? Did you make arrangements with the dealer to get these items repaired before you left the lot?

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:39 PM   #27
Wmeili

3500 rl

Just picked up our alpine last weekend. So far so good. All seems to be in good working order. But have only spent one night in it. Just pulled it to our lot where it will stay for a few years till we retire and start to travel. It pulled very well smooth and tracked well.
Wmeili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:02 AM   #28
Stanbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
Stanbro, Sorry there is so much. Did you discover all of this at your PDI? Did you make arrangements with the dealer to get these items repaired before you left the lot?
The transport from the factory to the dealer was done in cold weather. When I took delivery of the unit it was just starting to warm up. The debris under the roof did not appear until it sat in the hot sun for a few days and the roof membrane relaxed enough to conform to the many objects under it. In other words, I did not see it until after I signed for the trailer.

I think the scuffed vinyl floor occurred after I made the slides go in and out a few times during my travels. I only found the piece of light fixture hardware under the slide after the scuff became obvious and I got down and looked with a flashlight.

The burned wire and much of the other stuff was found during my PDI. The broken ceiling fan blade and split hydraulic hose happened on my trip home from the factory to talk to Keystone about my disappointment with the roof.

Here is something I consider interesting -- I just read this in the "Keystone RV Company Owners Manual" dated 4/1/2017 under the subtitle Roof on page 79:
“Because of the manufacturing process, air pickets and/or visible spots may be seen in the roof material. These visible spots can be caused by debris (wood, staples, screws, etc.) that are between the roof material and decking or by imperfections occurring during the roof material manufacture. In most cases, these are considered cosmetic in nature and seldom require any corrective action.”
Based on the above, I infer that leaving debris on the decking before laying down the TPO membrane is considered standard manufacturing practice by Keystone. To me, that says a lot about their concern for quality versus the time (cost) to manufacture the unit.
Stanbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:52 AM   #29
jsmith948

I would have to recommend trading the trailer for something other than a Keystone brand. Based on your previous posts, I doubt you will ever be happy with the Alpine or anything else built by Keystone. Life is too short to suffer such heartburn. JMHO.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 03:17 PM   #30
E Rod

New Alpine

I have a 2017 Alpine 3660FL. Had a few issues, approximately 20 items including the slide outs they would extend or retract by pressing the touch screen 42 times. This is my fourth keystone and first luxury fvr. Keystone repaired every single issue and other minor items i did on my own
So far I've added several more outlets, a.c. vents, return air grille for improved a.c. comfort and done other medications to improve traveling comfort.
Considered a Solitude and other brands including from Grand Design and Prime Time. But because of the floor plans and the Alpine having the fiberglass rear cap made it a deal breaker.
Saw several Montana's but I liked the Alpine much better. So far I'm very happy with it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170715_101449.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	16389   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170714_134758.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	16390   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180418_190837.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	16391   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180409_193011.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	16392  
E Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 07:08 AM   #31
RustySea

Hi there, I’m also a new Alpine owner. I can honestly say, so far I have had no major issues. A few little things due to the fact that I bought a new 2018 that had been on the lot a couple of years. Overall I am extremely satisfied!! I looked at the Montana and several other brands and it came down to the Jayco Pinnacle or the Alpine, I went with the Alpine mainly because being our first fifth wheel (and camper) we didn’t want to start out with a 40 footer so we found that the smaller the rig the less features it had. Overall the 3021re came with mostly everything we were looking for, real wood, self leveling,residential appliances towing package and even though it’s not advertised as an Alps and Polar package it still has most everything included in those packages. Not one other unit the same size as the 3021 had all the features, it came with. Now my wife is actually already wanting to go bigger!!!
RustySea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 12:31 PM   #32
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustySea View Post
Hi there, I’m also a new Alpine owner. I can honestly say, so far I have had no major issues. A few little things due to the fact that I bought a new 2018 that had been on the lot a couple of years. Overall I am extremely satisfied!! I looked at the Montana and several other brands and it came down to the Jayco Pinnacle or the Alpine, I went with the Alpine mainly because being our first fifth wheel (and camper) we didn’t want to start out with a 40 footer so we found that the smaller the rig the less features it had. Overall the 3021re came with mostly everything we were looking for, real wood, self leveling,residential appliances towing package and even though it’s not advertised as an Alps and Polar package it still has most everything included in those packages. Not one other unit the same size as the 3021 had all the features, it came with. Now my wife is actually already wanting to go bigger!!!

Congrats. We have a 3651 and really enjoy it too.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:14 AM   #33
TJO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsestes View Post
I really like the Alpine. Would like to hear from a few owners?

We have a 3400RS. We love the lay out of this trailer. This was the first year with the trailer and we had lots of issues with it.

Trim damaged
Sliding bathroom door hinges pulling out
Mattress (just a piece of garbage we replaced with a much better on).
Water heater issues (wiring).
Fridge not cooling (would get the residential if I did it again).

This is just a few I can remember. Our dealer was great on dealing with all the issue. But still had to make many trips to the dealer. By the end of the summer we had all the kinks worked out and are now happy with the unit. We did a trip from Ottawa Ontario to Prince Edward Island and back with not one issue. Now the big question would I buy or recommend Alpine. I would say yes. Only thing different for me would be it has to have a residential fridge. Well that's my 2 cents.
TJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:59 PM   #34
purebred

Love our Alpine

We bought a 2020 3401RS Alpine in August. Full timer in Texas. Soon to move to Arizona. So far we have been very pleased with our decision. We went back and forth over the Montana and Alpine and finally settled on the Alpine. Like the heat pump for milder winters, the fire place for the same reason. We have had a few kinks but nothing I couldn't fix myself. We have only moved it once so the fun will start soon with the moving part. All in all pretty nice trailer.
purebred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:18 PM   #35
Gary R.

We have a 2013 Alpine 3495FL, and love the layout. Most of the bugs were taken care of by the PO. The only big thing we had to fix was the kitchen sink drain. The kitchen is on a slide, and the action of that caused the hose to pull out of the sink drain. Doesn't do that now! Happy to be here, too!
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:41 AM   #36
flrtrader

We have a 2013 Alpine 3555RL and love it,

I am interested in putting in a level up system, (But) will not consider 3k to do so. I find a 4ft level on the kitchen floor and the Andersen Arch leveling blocks is kinda fast and easy. Just have the wife sit on the Stairs by the kitchen going to the bedroom and cell phones in hand. I am looking at generator options and in a perfect world a decent solar set-up as I would like to boondock more. (Spoiled) But it is a great RV it is our second. Personally I would stay away from the Andersen ultimate rail mount system. Dealer talked me into it and I literally HATE it. I get a lot of chucking and movement starting and stopping.
flrtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 02:14 AM   #37
John&Genny

Quote:
Originally Posted by flrtrader View Post
We have a 2013 Alpine 3555RL and love it,

...Personally I would stay away from the Andersen ultimate rail mount system. Dealer talked me into it and I literally HATE it. I get a lot of chucking and movement starting and stopping.
Now that’s really weird. Most of the Andersen hitch users, including myself, love the hitch because of it’s lack of chucking and movement. Not pointing a finger, but could it possibly be a faulty installation? Oh, and concerning the Level Up, after owning the 6 point Hydraulic level up system in my Avalanche, I would never own another 5th wheel without it. You really get spoiled on how easy it is to level your RV
John&Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 02:21 AM   #38
tech740

Quote:
Originally Posted by John&Genny View Post
Now that’s really weird. Most of the Andersen hitch users, including myself, love the hitch because of it’s lack of chucking and movement. Not pointing a finger, but could it possibly be a faulty installation? Oh, and concerning the Level Up, after owning the 6 point Hydraulic level up system in my Avalanche, I would never own another 5th wheel without it. You really get spoiled on how easy it is to level your RV
As is mentioned above, seems like something has to be loose for chucking to happen. I have the goose neck ball version and no a few with the rail version. They are all solid with no movement. I would defiantly be looking at all the attachments, even where the rail brackets attach to the frame.

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 06:58 AM   #39
flrtrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by John&Genny View Post
Morning,

Thanks for your thoughts, Yes I have heard about the level up system for sure! Wish I had it no doubt! (But) I just can't justify the price of it being added on. The dealers I have asked threw prices at me from 3500 to 5k... Sadly just not in my budget. And as far as the Andersen,... No, I hate it and have talked to Andersen about it, They questioned the same thing. (Faulty Installation) But had no recommendations on having someone else check it. It was Dealer installed. I think the Puck or direct gooseneck would be far better. Do you have the rail system as I do? I have tried twice to mount cameras in my bed to capture where the movement was/is coming from but sadly the camera failed twice. Next time I tow it I will try again.

Your thoughts are very much welcome.

Keith
Old 12-31-2019, 07:01 AM   #40
flrtrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech740 View Post
As is mentioned above, seems like something has to be loose for chucking to happen. I have the goose neck ball version and no a few with the rail version. They are all solid with no movement. I would defiantly be looking at all the attachments, even where the rail brackets attach to the frame.
Really?

As I just said in another post, I am trying to get some camera footage to see where the movement is coming from. It was installed by Zoomers RV in Wabash In. I was/am thinking it must be the attachment point where the pins are where it mounts to the rails.