Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2019, 10:25 PM   #41
DAMILLER_SR

I hear everyone's gopro concerns, but now I cannot wait to try it. I hate hate hate having equipment that does not work correctly. 4 more weeks on the cruise ship and it is time to go home.��
DAMILLER_SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:13 AM   #42
KSH

Not sure if anyone mentioned, but I bought one of these inspection cameras. Haven't put it in the black tank, but I've thought about it. Less bulk than the go pro.

https://www.amazon.com/Depstech-Endo...=fsclp_pl_dp_1
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:41 PM   #43
DAMILLER_SR

I have one of those too, so I guess I will try it 1st ��
DAMILLER_SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:33 PM   #44
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local150 View Post
In my experience it is a waste of ice
I totally agree on this point!
Plus a total waste of time & money to try to improve the sensors.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:10 AM   #45
Harleydodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishman2014 View Post
Hello all. We have a 2014 Cougar CCH 27RLS that we purchased from a dealer about 2 months ago. We've used it a couple of weekends and for the most part its fantastic and we really enjoy it (first timers). There's a control panel that is for turning on the lights, HW tank, water pump, slide out, etc. That same control panel also tells us how full our water tank, gray tanks and black tank are. I've dumped our tanks (black first followed by the two gray tanks). I know that they are emptying because you can feel the water rushing out through the dump hose. I then rinse out the black tank by utilizing the built in spray system (keystone calls it "no fuss flush kit"). When I check the status of the tanks on the control panel it shows the gray and water tanks are empty, but the black tank is 3/4 to completely full. Anyone run into this before? If so, how did you correct it? Thanks in advance for your help.

I think by now, from reading everyone else's answers, that you have probably figured that the sensors are pretty much useless.

As a simple solution, I will share what has been our experience.
We just got home from being on the road and living in our rig for 4 continuous months "Snowbirding" it.

I never once looked at the level indicators on our tanks.

We, too, have 3 holding tanks, 1 gray for the kitchen sink, 1 gray for the bathroom shower and sink and the the black.
The kitchen gray is smallest, and we found that for the 2 of us, doing up dishes once a day on average, that that tank would fill first, in about 1 week. We knew because the sink would no longer drain .
When that tank was full, I would drain all 3.

Simple as that.

I realize that's not as convenient if you happen to be boon-docking for an extended period, but for when you are hooked up, as we were for the most part, it worked for us and I didn't give it much more thought.

Happy camping, don't pet the sweaty things

2013 Raptor 310ts Toy Hauler
2017 Dodge Ram 6.7l CTD DRW Laramie Longhorn
2008 FLHTC Harley.

Harleydodge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank