Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2018, 09:43 AM   #1
tlist809

roof material and cleaning

I have a 2018 Keystone Laredo 225mk and I am wondering what the roof material is and what is recommended for cleaning and repairing the roof. I have no idea what material was used (EPDM or TPO).
tlist809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:53 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

2018 RV ??? That's almost guaranteed to be TPO. You can verify by removing the plastic garnish ring from the roof vent in your bathroom. The roof membrane is cut (in an X pattern) and stapled to the vent framing. Look at the back of the membrane to see if it's all the same color throughout (TPO) or if it's white on top with a black sub-membrane" (EPDM).

Until the two "TPO membrane companies" started competing with specific brands of cleaner/sealer products, they both recommended DICOR products for cleaning/sealing both TPO and EPDM membrane materials. The, when the cleaning/sealing product line was ready to market, the recommendation changed to "specific products for TPO (only buy from us mentality) and the competition became "inferior" to our products.....

YMMV, but I've used DICOR self leveling sealant on EPDM and TPO roofs for the past 10 years with excellent results. I use Dawn (with a splash of bleach added for tough stains) and warm water to clean both EPDM and TPO roof membranes with no damage and excellent results for that same length of time.

No need for "special products" or "worry about damage" if you use DICOR self leveling sealant and Dawn dish detergent for cleaning.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:04 AM   #3
TLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post

No need for "special products" or "worry about damage" if you use DICOR self leveling sealant and Dawn dish detergent for cleaning.
X2. Dawn works wonders on tree sap and everything else that gets on the roof.

2014 Passport Elite 31RE

2017 2500HD Crew Cab
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof