Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2018, 02:07 PM   #21
Anne3358

OR State Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikespeakviewer View Post
What's your favourite Oregon or Washington State campground - on the ocean.

Bonus points if there is a lake for swimming in! Electric hookup would be awesome, but not necessary.

A week ago we stayed at Tugman State Park and on our return we stayed at Umpqua Light House. Both are OR state Parks and very nice.
2017 Keystone Outback 316rl
Anne3358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:33 PM   #22
Mr. B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikespeakviewer View Post
What's your favourite Oregon or Washington State campground - on the ocean.

Bonus points if there is a lake for swimming in! Electric hookup would be awesome, but not necessary.
Boice Cope county park
http://www.co.curry.or.us/department..._cope_park.php

Connected to:
https://floraslake.com/

Between Bandon and Port Orford - 14 miles each way. A couple of miles out of Langlois where Lee's Market has dynamite sandwiches & Ice Cream. The Greasy Spoon is an excellent CaFe.

We really do recommend this place.

Mr. B.
Deadwood, Oregon
Mr. B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:31 PM   #23
Jca3

Beachside where you are steps from beach and if you one of the lucky people who get on the website 9 mos in advance you might he able to back right up to the beach. It has been totally booked all summer, as have South beach, Tillicum, Beverly Beach every time I have driven by the signs. Reservations months in advance are a must if planning on camping in the summer on the Oregon coast.
Jca3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:36 PM   #24
Jca3

In response to there aren't warm days on the Oregon Coast...hasn't been that way this year. Gorgeous weather with mostly warm days. Our weather is changing where we have two seasons. Rain and no rain. We have had wind at times but many, many perfect days.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:51 PM   #25
Fishsizzle

Beverly Beach
Washburn
Honeyman
Umpqua light house
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:27 AM   #26
ggflstc

Sea Perch right on the coast, but can't think of the town.
ggflstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:08 PM   #27
nellie1289

Anyone who has ever spent any time on an Oregon or Washington coast knows you are not going swimming so planning some east coast beach going vacation is not realistic. I am open to hear where these great swimming spots are that are less than four miles from the ocean beaches. That isn’t a heated pool......Crickets !!!
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:59 AM   #28
Freeheel4life

Some folks are more polar bear than others. I grew up in Olympia and we would regularly wade out into the Pacific and toss the football around. Obviously not swimming but up to your chest in the waves. Third beach in Forks is great because they encourage you to burn the driftwood (hike in beach only). Nothing better than coming back to a nice hot fire after a brisk romp in the Ocean.
Have taken the most refreshing dip in a small pond that sits on the divide between the Elwha and Quinault river drainages(also the first bath my hiking partner and I had since starting our 6 day trip). Lake Cushman is on the Puget Sound side and is a great swimming spot.
I guess my point is, if you want in the water bad enough you will get in. Its a matter of will. To say theres no swimming on the great PNW coast is in my mind....incorrect.
Shoot, a surf set behind your LSV down on the river isnt exactly warm either.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:05 AM   #29
DocWMB

I, too, would put a vote in for Nehalem Bay State Park.
Oregon

DocWMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:18 AM   #30
nellie1289

Looks like the high temp for Seaside, Oregon for the next 10 days(as of July 24, 2018) is 64-68 and a low of 54-55. This is hardly swimming weather. Water temp is 57 degrees in seaside as of today. Again, this this is hardly swimming weather. This was my point. Most the rivers in western Oregon are 70-72 this time of year, which oh by the way is perfect wake surfing water temps. Was at crescent lake near central Oregon which is at 5,000 ft elevation (and is mostly fed by snow melt )this last weekend with boat and it was 68 degree water temp. Telling someone not from this area(like the original poster) it is going to be warm, sunny, and great swimming at the Oregon coast any time of the year is fake news, that was the point of my original post. Will you get offshore winds and it get to 85 degrees 7-10 times per year? yes, and the water will still be 57. But its going to be 65 air temp and 57 water temp on average in the summer. Will it be dry though? yes. Will it be windy? almost certainly. This was my original point. I'm not slamming anyone just stating the facts of the Oregon coast. Bring a wetsuit if you are getting in the ocean for more than a quick shock swim or have the paramedics on standby!
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:16 PM   #31
GMcKenzie

Did Oregon last summer.

Stayed at Fort Stevens and South Beach State parks.

Really like Fort Stevens. Yeah, no swimming but lots of biking and walks on the beach with the dogs. First time they tasted salt water, so that was pretty funny. The Fort itself was neat, and as we rode our bike there we didn't have to pay any fees to snoop around.

I liked South Beach, just you can't get all services there. But you can ride a bike to the local brewery.

And I don't think we saw 70F the whole time we were there.

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground