Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-18-2018, 03:02 AM   #21
notanlines
Senior Member
 
notanlines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 2,767
Dakota Campground, 1800 spruce Street, Mitchell, South Dakota. Easy in and out, full service, cheap, mostly pull thruís. Right off the interstate.
And I humbly apologize for offending you in my earlier post.
__________________

notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:02 AM   #22
mazboy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 107
hey, a must, stop at the Spam Musesum off of I 90 near I 35

as for finding campgrounds, just pick a city area and google it for camping...easy as pie.
__________________

mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:14 AM   #23
glendar10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: chicago
Posts: 12
From what I read fishing bridge camp ground is closed all rest of year and all of 2019. I read it on there web site.
glendar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:30 AM   #24
Bnrc73
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Worthington
Posts: 18
A couple of tips. 1- Avoid the Rapid City area the last week of July and the first two weeks of August, as the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally will have every camping spot filled up. 2- Leave time for a drive through Spearfish Canyon. It's the absolute most beautiful drive I've ever done. It takes less than an hour, but it's an hour you'll never forget. Have a safe trip.
Bnrc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:26 AM   #25
Canonman
Senior Member
 
Canonman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: South Jordan, Utah
Posts: 700
BTW, The Spearfish Canyon drive can take you to Devils Tower.
__________________
2017 Cougar 279RKSWE
2007.5 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins
Retirement Training Completed
"I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue
stand for freedom, until they're flashing behind you."
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:29 PM   #26
Wilco
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: New Brighton
Posts: 16
Do not listen to the naysayers. If you waited until you had the perfect amount of time, you would not get there next year. I have taken trips like this since I graduated from high school. (A long weekend trip from Pittsburgh to Colorado Springs to visit a friend in the Air Force Academy.) You can always go back a second (or third) time to see what you missed.

Our latest trip was to Yellowstone in 2016.
__________________
2007 Outback 23RS
2016 Silverado 2500HD
2004 Honda Goldwing
2015 Catalina 33RETS
Wilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:02 PM   #27
sourdough
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: W. Texas
Posts: 5,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilco View Post
Do not listen to the naysayers. If you waited until you had the perfect amount of time, you would not get there next year. I have taken trips like this since I graduated from high school. (A long weekend trip from Pittsburgh to Colorado Springs to visit a friend in the Air Force Academy.) You can always go back a second (or third) time to see what you missed.

Our latest trip was to Yellowstone in 2016.

You sound young. No, you can't always make a "second (or third) trip" to those places you always wanted to go to...but choose to shortchange yourself on the time allowed so you never see it. It was always nice to think that life goes on forever and we are invincible - cancer doesn't happen; that head on accident won't happen; that infection in your leg doesn't destroy your leg....etc. No, you ALWAYS have time to put off stuff that you want to do....NOT.
__________________
Danny & Susan wife of 50 years
2014 Ram 2500 6.4 4x4 CC
2014 Cougar High Country 319RLS
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:18 PM   #28
Wilco
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: New Brighton
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
You sound young. No, you can't always make a "second (or third) trip" to those places you always wanted to go to...but choose to shortchange yourself on the time allowed so you never see it. It was always nice to think that life goes on forever and we are invincible - cancer doesn't happen; that head on accident won't happen; that infection in your leg doesn't destroy your leg....etc. No, you ALWAYS have time to put off stuff that you want to do....NOT.
Yes, I am a young 66 year old. I do not put off a trip just because I do not have the time to make it a perfect trip. Take the best trip you can with the time you have available. That is why I have been to Yellowstone 4 times and have made numerous other trips to the Rockies and beyond.
__________________
2007 Outback 23RS
2016 Silverado 2500HD
2004 Honda Goldwing
2015 Catalina 33RETS
Wilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:30 PM   #29
sourdough
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: W. Texas
Posts: 5,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilco View Post
Yes, I am a young 66 year old. I do not put off a trip just because I do not have the time to make it a perfect trip. Take the best trip you can with the time you have available. That is why I have been to Yellowstone 4 times and have made numerous other trips to the Rockies and beyond.
Maybe you aren't that young , but, many folks don't, or won't, have the ability to "go to Yellowstone 4 times" etc. If, they only have one shot (which you should consider), one should take the time to see what they can; not hit everything in a whirlwind and never remember what they saw. We all have our views of things; I am fortunate that I can go and do anything I want, anywhere at any time. I wasn't always so fortunate and many others aren't either. That "2nd trip" may be cut short by the things I listed above. When the world is just spinning so beautifully and your best friend (wife) is diagnosed with cancer....NO, you don't have time for 4 trips, you DON't have time for another day. You need to take the time to see/enjoy whatever it is to the fullest....NOW.
__________________
Danny & Susan wife of 50 years
2014 Ram 2500 6.4 4x4 CC
2014 Cougar High Country 319RLS
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:32 PM   #30
Zoe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Fowlerville
Posts: 5
Another hidden treasure

Pipestone National Monument is in southwestern Minnesota, not far off 90. Donít know how far out of the way you are willing to go, but it is well worth the drive! Beautiful park with great trails, a museum visitor center and historical and cultural exhibits. A gem!! Enjoy your trip!
__________________

Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RVģ is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.