Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2018, 03:03 PM   #1
Riesens

Drain Line Identification Help Pls

Hi there, just bought a 2018 Bullet 243BHS and love it! Got it to our storage facility and noticed the lines were not labeled. So i'm not sure which is the grey and which is the black. Any suggestions?? I've read the manual, googled, no help. Hopefully someone has the same model and can share. Thanks!
Riesens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:06 PM   #2
BethH

Usually ( but not always) the black tank valve has a black handle and the grey one has a grey handle.
BethH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:06 PM   #3
Riesens

Sadly, they are BOTH black.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:11 PM   #4
BethH

Is it brand new, never been used? If it is just run some water down the toilet, then pull each handle one at a time and see which valve you get water out of.
BethH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:24 PM   #5
Pull Toy

If you can see the actual junction, the smaller line, 1 1/2 inch is grey water. (Depending on your layout, there may be two grey tanks that are Siamese'd, or may have separate pulls. (Usually hidden behind front axle.) My suggestion is to dump and super flush both when possible legally. Then visit the dollar store for some cheap food coloring. After dumping and rinsing both tanks, add food coloring to only your kitchen sink, and your bathroom sink or shower, add water, and pull what you think is the "right" handle or handles. Colored water tells the tale! Label tank pulls so they are obvious to others.

Good Luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:25 PM   #6
Riesens

Yes, that's what we were thinking we'd have to do. Weird they never labeled it though as on all our other RV's we've had (brand new) they've always been labeled. Thanks!
Old 08-06-2018, 06:25 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

If you read through the forum you'll find that about half the members who discuss their holding tank valve handles will say that they were marked wrong (gray handle dumped black tank)...

So maybe Keystone finally "just stopped marking them" to solve the problem ??? Heaven knows as long as people are putting the decals on the tank valve locations, somebody is going to be dyslexic.......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:23 PM   #8
WNY Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riesens View Post
Hi there, just bought a 2018 Bullet 243BHS and love it! Got it to our storage facility and noticed the lines were not labeled. So i'm not sure which is the grey and which is the black. Any suggestions?? I've read the manual, googled, no help. Hopefully someone has the same model and can share. Thanks!
Have you not used the tanks yet? If not, pour some water into your shower drain and see what handle runs water when pulled. I suggested the shower drain, because my bathroom sink drains into my black tank and yours may also.
2017 Chevy Silverado LT Z71

WNY Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain