Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2019, 03:32 PM   #1
gluck

Cougar 369 aBHS Fridge Help

I have a 2018 Cougar 369BHS with a Dometic Fridge in the slide. The temperature climbs in the fridge during the day but cools at night. I checked the top exhaust vent and the four fans are running however it appears to not be exhausting out the vent. There is a piece of sheet metal that is screwed in place above the fans and the fans blow air up behind the sheet metal but very little out the side vent. I am hoping someone with a similar unit can see if this is supposed to be this way or if it was an installation issue. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190717_185603.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	310.3 KB
ID:	22869   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190717_185636.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	22870  
gluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:33 AM   #2
retiredusps69

If you go to Dometic Fridge site and look for the install instructions they show where the baffles are to be placed.Ours is a different brand TT Came thru with fan not hooked up and stuffed up inside and no baffles. I also had a big gap above fridge and stuffed Insalation above it.I also installed a fan inside the fridge and wired it up to the other fans snap switch and now keeps freezer at 32 and fridge about 36.
Also check fans to see if they rotate the correct way. Some will rotate cw and ccw by switching the leads.
retiredusps69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 03:54 AM   #3
gluck

Thanks, I checked the installation manual and it isn't very clear about installation in the slide wall. I was hoping someone could check their installation and see if the sheet metal is installed correctly or if mine was installed differently.
gluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:00 AM   #4
ronheater70

FWIW I have the exact same camper and experience the exact same thing.. It only moves a few degrees in 95 degree heat and still well within safe level so I dont worry about it. I know the Norcold in our 2018 Cherokee did the same thing (via a digital themometer we kept inside)

Tags
cougar, fridge