Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2019, 05:23 PM   #1
msudawg85

Sprinter 333FKS Residential Refrigerator and Washer/Dryer

I'm new to this forum but have been a full-time RVer for work for the past 20 years. I'm looking to replace my current 20 yo Class C motorhome with a Sprinter 333FKS (travel trailer) or something similar. I really like the layout of the Sprinter 333FKS TT, but not the dual refrigerators. I'd also like to see if its possible to install a washer and dryer in the bedroom wardrobe.

I would appreciate any advice from someone who has looked into this for the Sprinter 333FKS TT. BTW, the unit I'm looking into will be equipped with two (2) ACs and 50 amp service. I realize I will need to mange my electrical load and will likely need an inverter. Thank you.

Jerry Fox
Milton, FL
1999 Four Winds Five Thousand
1998 C1500
Go Dawgs! (Miss State)
msudawg85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 05:45 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by msudawg85 View Post
I'm new to this forum but have been a full-time RVer for work for the past 20 years. I'm looking to replace my current 20 yo Class C motorhome with a Sprinter 333FKS (travel trailer) or something similar. I really like the layout of the Sprinter 333FKS TT, but not the dual refrigerators. I'd also like to see if its possible to install a washer and dryer in the bedroom wardrobe.

I would appreciate any advice from someone who has looked into this for the Sprinter 333FKS TT. BTW, the unit I'm looking into will be equipped with two (2) ACs and 50 amp service. I realize I will need to mange my electrical load and will likely need an inverter. Thank you.

Jerry Fox

Milton, FL

1999 Four Winds Five Thousand

1998 C1500

Go Dawgs! (Miss State)

Welcome to the forum!!

If there isn’t W/D prep then adding them will be a major undertaking. You’ll have to route supply lines and a drain line. You may want to look at other lines/floor plans that have the prep in place.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 05:51 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

IMO, while rebuilding an RV to install a washer/dryer is doable, it is a huge job to do right and personally I don't see how it would be worth the time/money. I would look at a different floorplan to acquire those amenities.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:03 PM   #4
msudawg85

Figured as much - thank you!
Old 07-15-2019, 06:39 PM   #5
msudawg85

What about the residential refrigerator? I would think this is a lot easier than a washer/dryer.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:51 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

I don't have a residential fridge nor do I want one. I like the dual fuel capability of an RV fridge (LP/propane). The residential will also require an inverter to keep it running so you need to (IMO) buy a unit that was designed for the residential and is equipped to run it. What fits us best, for 2, looks to be a 12cu.ft. fridge. The larger ones serve no purpose for us other than to fill it up and then give "it" away....because we will.....and do.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:33 PM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

They call it a RESIDENTIAL fridge for a reason. It belongs in a residence not an RV.

Residential fridges don’t have locking doors since they are meant to sit on the floor not roll down the road. Second, they require 110VAC to operate and that means an inverter on the road between stops and either plug in or solar to keep the batteries up.

There are those that will say they are great and that’s fine, but one last consideration. If it breaks who’s gonna fix it? RV shops aren’t equipped to diagnose/fix the issue and lots of appliance dealers won’t service them if they are in an RV without the owner doesn’t get it out of the cabinet.

I rest my case...as you can tell I am NOT A FAN!!

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 03:35 AM   #8
mwemaxxowner

My old camper had a residential fridge in it. It came that way, and I just left it. It was fine, the way the compartment it was set in was made allowed me to put a strap across the door to keep it closed.

It couldn't be used on the go, but it did cool off quickly once set up, whereas an RV fridge takes a while to cool off.

My current camper has a Dometic RV fridge and I certainly wouldn't swap it out. I haven't ever done any camping where I didn't have power hook-up, but I like knowing I could, and now I can turn it on propane and keep it cooling while we're en route.

So, while the residential fridge was fine since it was already in place, and I looked at it as if it's not broke don't fix it, I would never swap my current RV fridge for one. And, of this one quits, I'll look into having it repaired. I'd have to be between a major rock and a hard spot to decide to put a residential fridge in this camper.

I believe you also have to be careful with the installation of a residential fridge and allow it more room for airflow than an RV fridge needs.
mwemaxxowner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sprinter, washer