Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2019, 04:36 PM   #1
Hey Louie

Propane quick connect

It seems that most travel trailers have a quick connect for their propane somewhere on the exterior. That doesn't seem to be the norm for 5th wheels. I would like to add one but have no experience working with propane. Checking out our 5er the gas line is a pipe that runs down the frame towards the water heater furnace and fridge. At the end of the pipe is a 90. Attached to the 90 is a copper piece with a 3 way connector that leads to the 3 appliances. Would it be possible to replace the 90 with a tee and of one end of the tee run more pipe to the other side of the 5er and mount a quick connect fitting to that end?
Hey Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 04:41 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Propane quick connect

You could. Jut make sure the pipe is rated for propane,Usually black pipe. And use LP rated thread sealant on the joints, usually yellow. All the parts you need should be readily available.

When done, turn the propane ON and test all fittings with leak detector. It will be “regulated” so if your bbq has a regulator you might not get the needed pressure. Most bbq makers are making an adapter available on their website.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 05:13 PM   #3
Hey Louie

As always, I thank you for the help Chuckster. Another question I have would be once completed would turning the gas appliances on and running then be all that I would need to do? Or is there some type of priming to the lines that is needed?
Hey Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 05:15 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

I would, only to bleed off the air.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane