Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2019, 05:50 PM   #21
wobly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishsizzle View Post
Who has the newer version “Global Connect”?
We have the Global Connect version. If you know the WiFi information for the local connection, it is pretty easy to get the system online. But, if the WiFi has a separate sign in page to allow access, that is where it will get hung up.
wobly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:57 PM   #22
LHaven

I have the Global Connect version as well.

The auto-leveling system is not controlled by inCommand. I don't consider it a great loss, as the control panel is right inside the door that I need to open to get the chocks out anyway.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:02 PM   #23
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobly View Post
We have the Global Connect version. If you know the WiFi information for the local connection, it is pretty easy to get the system online. But, if the WiFi has a separate sign in page to allow access, that is where it will get hung up.
Long ago, I put together my own local WiFi point in the trailer. If the campground WiFi is worthwhile, I point the bridge at the strongest antenna and connect it with the campground password; otherwise, I don't bother, and it finds my iPhone private network and uses that. One valuable by-product of this system is that we don't have to reconfigure all our computers, phones, and inCommand system at every new campground; we just use "the trailer's network" all the time. Another is that inCommand doesn't get hung up on validation screens.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:19 PM   #24
GeekSquadOfUn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhaven View Post
Long ago, I put together my own local WiFi point in the trailer. If the campground WiFi is worthwhile, I point the bridge at the strongest antenna and connect it with the campground password; otherwise, I don't bother, and it finds my iPhone private network and uses that. One valuable by-product of this system is that we don't have to reconfigure all our computers, phones, and inCommand system at every new campground; we just use "the trailer's network" all the time. Another is that inCommand doesn't get hung up on validation screens.
I do the same. Works very well.

Then all your mobile gadgets and other devices, like Chromecast, Roku or Firestick, even Google Home/Amazon Echo will connect. That is, if and only if you have a decent connection to the 'net.
GeekSquadOfUn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:56 PM   #25
sandy43

Yes, I like it a lot. Never had a problem, yet.

sandy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:57 PM   #26
jim1

Called ASA customer support to ask about using the HVAC. I was wondering if you could change to metric Celsius temperature. That's what's used here in Canada. They replied with a very puzzled why. I guess they don't know that a whole lot of RV's are sold in Canada. I wonder if the new GM trucks with In command sold in Canada will have it in metric?
jim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:27 AM   #27
GeekSquadOfUn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
Called ASA customer support to ask about using the HVAC. I was wondering if you could change to metric Celsius temperature. That's what's used here in Canada. They replied with a very puzzled why. I guess they don't know that a whole lot of RV's are sold in Canada. I wonder if the new GM trucks with In command sold in Canada will have it in metric?
Unbelievable. Wow
GeekSquadOfUn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:40 AM   #28
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mustanger View Post
Hated it at first, it kept going to travel lockout on my iPhone 4s but when that phone died and I upgraded to an iPhone 8 that problem went away. Now I really like operating the slides and awning while standing outside to watch them but I would rather have switches for the lights, it's kind of a pain to put in the 4 digit password just to turn a light on. I am glad my HVAC is not part of the InCommand as I have the digital thermostat for that.
Same for us as Mustanger: We just took delivery of a new 2018 Raptor 353TS with iN-Command. Love the trailer - jury out for iN-Command! We have the "Pro-Plus" version of iN-Command. For us, it controls about half the lights, pumps, awnings, slides, etc. but does NOT control the heating/AC. Our 2018 has 3 AC units with the new Omni-Chill units (lower current), but the control is the older digital 3 zone thermostatic controller that will only run 2 units simultaneously. I actually like this combination because it allows me to run 2 AC units on a 30A service (at my house).

Things I've learned about iN-Command so far:
> There are multiple versions of iN-Command; the version number and date of build by the trailer manufacturer vary WIDELY. So the question is like asking "how do you like your trailer" - every system can be widely different.

> As is always the case, there can be significant differences in communication quality between android and apple phones. We have found the iPhone (iPads also) to be very stable and not pose any issues provided you do the following - see below.

> Go to the ASA site and download updates to the app and system. If you haven't done this, much of your communications and functional issues may be from out-of-date e-prom and application versions. Follow the instructions to update your system in the trailer - it helps significantly. https://in-command.net/control-systems/

> Make sure you are using the correct app on your phone. Look at your controller in the trailer, lower right corner. Visit the ASA website and make sure you are using the app version intended for your controller. There are at least 2 or 3 apps, and they are very controller specific.

> Our Pro-Plus iN-Command version DOES have the ability to control the front hydraulic jacks only. Initially, I thought this was neat. Then I discovered that while carrying my phone in my pocket, I ended up inadvertently energizing the jacks and taking the trailer off level. I went to the iN-Command settings and disabled this feature.

> I can't seem to disable the password requirement on the Pro-Plus - but I made it simple to use (like 4 digits of the same number).

> Extend the ON timer in settings. This really helps during set-up/take down as it won't keep shutting off while you are doing multiple items.

> The control panel is hard to read - I have to get down on 1 knee to use my bi-focal's, so it gets used to disable the travel lock-out - then my phone for everything else.
Like most everything else, there are good things and bad things. I started off grading iN-Command at 3 of 10, longing for my old switches. After all of the above, the system is working nicely now and I think it will end up with a 7 of 10 grade. On the balance, I guess it beats the old switches. The next time I have to bring the awnings in during the middle of the night, I'd likely give it a 9!
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:44 AM   #29
TJO

Great post LewisB. I have had mine for two trips now and have had no problems.
TJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:23 AM   #30
2Savages

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobly View Post
I believe that you can go to the settings, then password section. It has really be done on the LCD screen, not through the app.
The app will not let you drop a password for an iPhone or tablet. I did remove the password at the LCD screen.
The InCommand can be quite troublesome if your battery level drops below 11.2 physically at the battery. I've had shore power and several hours on the highway and after running the hydraulics to level the unit, the BCM would not operate. It took several hours sitting at a campsite to get the INCommand to engage the hydraulic slides on my 2016 system. My solution the next time this happens will be to try jumper cables from the truck to battery and see if this would be a quick fix. Needless to say I am not a fan of this system without some other way to override the system manually.
2Savages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:34 AM   #31
Eric27

I’m with all of you. I like buttons and lights. The in command help line is good. I found out I was using the wrong phone app. I also don’t like how high it is on the wall. The phone app works well for me.
Eric27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:01 AM   #32
DHred

In command is great for the slides and generator but I really hate it for the lights. I'm thinking about adding switches for lights and disconnecting them from in command. There is a manual override for the slides. It's on the module in your storeage compartment.
DHred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:28 AM   #33
Spletbr

Why they still have the old app available to download is beyond me. Once, like several of you, I figured out I had the old one and downloaded 5he new one it was better by far from great. “C+”. I like the awnings and outside lights, that’s it that 5he app is good for. Never even registers my tanks. Also, the panel itself is finicky, hard to push on just the right spot...always takes several tries to get out of lockout mode. I worry the whole thing will fail and then what?
Spletbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:48 AM   #34
Eric27

I have the same model and no it doesn’t do the jacks on my Cougar 24
Eric27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:57 AM   #35
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Savages View Post
Needless to say I am not a fan of this system without some other way to override the system manually.
You can always operate the functions manually from the logic board blister. It may be a good thing to do to pop the cover and familiarize yourself with the controls before some emergency event that requires you to use them. In any event, not even this is likely to get you through a battery voltage of 11.8, which is considered functionally discharged. Your battery shouldn't be sinking that low after simply a few hours on the road.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:51 AM   #36
Truckbuddy

Love it!

Been using it for 3 years now in my 2017 Fuzion 371. It was easy to set up. I'm thinking of adding more relays to it.

They trashed it for a few months last winter but put up a new release that works perfectly. I was worried that they would leave older systems in the dark. The only issue now is the slick screen on my Galaxy s10 phone, I may start using an older tablet if it will install. The buttons are still too small and fingers slide off easily.

The new app didn't work at all for me.
Truckbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:45 AM   #37
mach11961

InCommand

Yeah My wife hates it and I’m getting that way. I’ve read several things about getting rid of the passcode, I’ve gone into the program and I haven’t seen anything that they are talking about to change. Is there more to do
Thanks for any information
mach11961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:45 AM   #38
LewisB

iN-Command Saves Me!

In my previous post, I discussed disabling the front jacks so as to NOT inadvertently move the jacks with my phone in my pocket.

It turns out this feature just saved me! For some reason, I lost power on my Level-Up system - it just won't come on. I'm looking for a blown fuse or other issue. But something occurred to me - I enabled the front jacks in the iN-Command system and low and behold, they worked just fine! So, now I could go ahead and hook up my trailer - plus I know the hydraulic pump and jacks are working. That gives me a head start in determining why the Level Up system is not working. This only works if your rear jacks (on a 6 point system) are already up.

So iN-Command gets an additional star from me. I'll still disable the front jack feature, but only after I get Level-Up working.

Brad

Old 06-02-2019, 03:05 PM   #39
rbrdriver

We have been in our 2019 Alpine 3700FL for about a year now, and once I installed the correct app for my phone I like it so far. I did figure out what to do if it quits functioning for the lights and slides, but still wondering what to do for the HVAC system. Anybody know what you do there?
rbrdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 04:53 PM   #40
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrdriver View Post
We have been in our 2019 Alpine 3700FL for about a year now, and once I installed the correct app for my phone I like it so far. I did figure out what to do if it quits functioning for the lights and slides, but still wondering what to do for the HVAC system. Anybody know what you do there?
Do you have the new "Global Connect" version? Do you have the older multi-zone thermostat on the wall? It is my understanding that the older version of iN-Command (like my Pro Plus version) does NOT have controls for HVAC. If you have been in your 2019 trailer for a year, it was built in 2018 and may have the older system. I recommend you call ASA and talk with them - they are very helpful.

https://in-command.net/control-systems/