Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > Forum Admin, News & Member Account Info
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 07:27 PM   #21
Bolo4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
I have sent a PM to a moderator with more access and rights than I have.

Thank you! It's not a critical issue as much as it is frustrating... Technology, has NO in the middle
Old 08-26-2019, 10:45 PM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo4u View Post
Thank you! It's not a critical issue as much as it is frustrating... Technology, has NO in the middle
Check your PM's.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 08-27-2019, 04:37 PM   #23
Bolo4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Check your PM's.
I'm back! Thanks to Chuck and JRTJH for their assistance.
Old 08-27-2019, 06:47 PM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

Good Deal !!! Happy to have you back among the "logged in"

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 09-03-2019, 04:59 AM   #25
gkainz

I've gotten a couple of emails over the weekend saying
"Someone has tried to log into your account on Keystone RV Forums with invalid login credentials at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes." and reports the IP as my correct IP of my laptop.
I use Tapatalk on my phone and it had login issues over the weekend as well, assuming because of the temporary lock noted in the email.

This morning all is well from both laptop and Tapatalk on the phone with my previously established login credentials.

Some possible attack against the board? Or my account? Or just a hiccup in the trons?
Old 09-03-2019, 12:02 PM   #26
Janet H
Site Team

No worries. It was likely the tapatalk connect issue. We lock accounts temporarily after several failed logins to help prevent brute force login attempts - unfortunately it sometimes also impacts real members

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Old 10-29-2019, 05:29 AM   #27
SC Dreamer

Ok, so I haven't been on here lately and my login went fine. I am trying to post a for sale ad, and it is asking me to login again, but there it will not accept my email and password. Thoughts? Thanks, Ben
Old 10-29-2019, 05:38 AM   #28
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Dreamer View Post
Ok, so I haven't been on here lately and my login went fine. I am trying to post a for sale ad, and it is asking me to login again, but there it will not accept my email and password. Thoughts? Thanks, Ben
Hey Ben.... I went through the misery of log in issues and I think the bottom line is that this site is owned by a entity that owns a BUNCH of RV related sites and your password MUST be the same on all of them else the log in weirdness. I know campgroundreivews.com and several others all fall under that entities umbrella and your password must match. Almost all these sites LOOK THE SAME essentially using the same software I think (I am a tech idiot so just guessing).
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
Old 10-29-2019, 06:35 AM   #29
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
There has been a "recent" (about 9 months ago) change in the classified ads for the forum. It "used to be this forum only" and was changed to a "consolidated classified site that is visible on all co-sponsored sites". The log-in process and authentication process were changed to enhance security and you must "process" your log-in, reply to the sms message you receive or you will not be able to post your ad.

There are instructions here: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=37232

If you have problems, follow the "contact us link" in the classified section per the above instructions.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-29-2019, 07:25 AM   #30
Janet H
Site Team

The classifieds page change was driven by the need to have a more secure platform for buyers. Sellers need to go through a 2 factor verification process before posting ads. We're working hard to keep scammers out (they have become a huge issue on many sales platforms) and while we know it's a little more inconvenience we believe the added security is a fair trade.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Old 10-31-2019, 03:58 AM   #31
SC Dreamer

Thanks guys and gals! The link JRTJH provided let me in. I was using same email and pw as sister sites. Don't know what happened?!
Old 10-31-2019, 07:11 AM   #32
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks guys and gals! The link JRTJH provided let me in. I was using same email and pw as sister sites. Don't know what happened?!
It's good to know the process works !!! Now, good luck with your items for sale....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Closed Thread