Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2019, 08:34 AM   #1
Markthomas

Help!! Water leak!

We set up in camp last night in our 24SAB, connected to city water and water leaked out from under the trailer. Turned off city water and attempted to just fill fresh water tank to get us thru this weekend and water leaked from same place under the trailer. Can't see the source of the leak due to cover across bottom of trailer. Then we discovered water on the floor inside the trailer!! Thankfully not very much. That would indicate to me the source of water is above the floor.
Looking for suggestions please. Leaks while under pressure from city water, also leaks while trying to fill the fresh water tank without the demand pump running.

Thanks Mark
Markthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:31 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!

Did you have the water pump on when putting water into the fresh water tank? (I just saw you said you didn't). The city water connection and the fresh water tank inlets are isolated from each other as far as I know except via the water pump.

Are you sure you didn't just have residual water from the leak at the city connection continuing to drip? Where was the water inside the trailer? Where did that come from/potentially come from? Have you turned on the water while looking under the bathroom sink (or wherever the fresh water inlet comes in) to see what/where the leak is?
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:06 PM   #3
Tbos

Check the lines going to the water heater. I had them work loose after the 1st season. It was just enough to leak. After I tightened them up they never leaked again.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:44 PM   #4
Markthomas

Got it fixed!!!

Thank you very much for your replies. The problem was at the back side of my city water connection. When I tightened the city water fitting onto my fresh water hose the back side of that fitting unscrewed from the plumbing. Screwed it back togeather and now we are in business!!!! Woo Hoo!!! I am surprised that the process of filling my fresh water tank would leak too, seems to me that they would not connect until after my demand pump, I'll figure that one out later, were on holiday now.
Thanks for the replies! Mark
Markthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 04:11 PM   #5
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markthomas View Post
Thank you very much for your replies. The problem was at the back side of my city water connection. When I tightened the city water fitting onto my fresh water hose the back side of that fitting unscrewed from the plumbing. Screwed it back togeather and now we are in business!!!! Woo Hoo!!! I am surprised that the process of filling my fresh water tank would leak too, seems to me that they would not connect until after my demand pump, I'll figure that one out later, were on holiday now.

Thanks for the replies! Mark

Glad you were able to find it. Enjoy.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak