Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2024, 09:05 AM   #1
express411kf

Springdale GVW Label

Hello Springdale owners. I'm new to the forum, own a 2003 Springdale 5th Wheel, and have a question. My GVW label is completely faded and illegible. Now, I'm sure there is no source for a replacement, but does anyone know where I can find what info was on it for my particular camper?
express411kf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 09:59 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by express411kf View Post
Hello Springdale owners. I'm new to the forum, own a 2003 Springdale 5th Wheel, and have a question. My GVW label is completely faded and illegible. Now, I'm sure there is no source for a replacement, but does anyone know where I can find what info was on it for my particular camper?
Since you didn't list your specific Springdale model in a signature or profile, there is no way to tell for sure. Guess you can try google for "2003 springdale (your model number) specs". I have a 2002 Cougar 278EFS and when I do this it comes up with specs (some disagree with others). I can't read my placard on the camper either.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 01:02 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

There are usually two weight information labels on the trailer. One is on the roadside front corner of the trailer and the other, with somewhat less information, but likely to have what you're looking for, is a yellow label located on the main entry door frame. That label doesn't have water weight information, etc. But it does have the GVWR and unloaded weight, from which you can calculate the payload. The axles have a data tag, usually on the center of the beam that will give you the needed GAWR information on your axles.

If you can't locate any of the information, you can contact Keystone Customer Service with the trailer VIN and they should be able to pull up the information you need. They may not send you a replacement data label, but with the information, you can create your own replacement. I'd advise not to place a "newer label over the old faded label". Doing so may "spur an aggressive LEO" into investigating the "why did you alter the label".... If the old one is completely visible, then he/she can't put you in a position of defending why you defaced it.....

You can contact Keystone at (866) 425-4369 They are open:
Monday through Thursday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (ET)
Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM (ET)

ADDED: Here is what the entry door decal/label should look like:

Additionally, there MAY be a sheet of paper glued to the inside of a closet door with similar information on it. Back before about 2010, some RV manufacturers omitted the "door label" on the entry door, but had a similar 5x7 paper "data plate" glued to a closet door.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DOOR VIN AND WEIGHT DECAL.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	46080  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 02:00 PM   #4
express411kf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
There are usually two weight information labels on the trailer. One is on the roadside front corner of the trailer and the other, with somewhat less information, but likely to have what you're looking for, is a yellow label located on the main entry door frame. That label doesn't have water weight information, etc. But it does have the GVWR and unloaded weight, from which you can calculate the payload. The axles have a data tag, usually on the center of the beam that will give you the needed GAWR information on your axles.

If you can't locate any of the information, you can contact Keystone Customer Service with the trailer VIN and they should be able to pull up the information you need. They may not send you a replacement data label, but with the information, you can create your own replacement. I'd advise not to place a "newer label over the old faded label". Doing so may "spur an aggressive LEO" into investigating the "why did you alter the label".... If the old one is completely visible, then he/she can't put you in a position of defending why you defaced it.....

You can contact Keystone at (866) 425-4369 They are open:
Monday through Thursday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (ET)
Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM (ET)

ADDED: Here is what the entry door decal/label should look like:

Additionally, there MAY be a sheet of paper glued to the inside of a closet door with similar information on it. Back before about 2010, some RV manufacturers omitted the "door label" on the entry door, but had a similar 5x7 paper "data plate" glued to a closet door.
Thanks, guys. I just sent off an email to Keystone to see if they can provide me the information. I'm sure they can't recreate the label.
express411kf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
springdale