Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2016, 05:55 AM   #21
NJdudette

I called Fastec and spoke to a really nice guy who helped me out. Yayyyyy!!!! Although the person I spoke to two weeks ago told me it wasn't their key, go figure. The keys are on backorder, but as soon as they come in they'll send them to me.

Thanks everyone for your help. I REALLY do appreciate it
NJdudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:15 AM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Just as a little "background history" so you'll understand a bit about the "Italian locksets".... FASTEC was obtaining their locks from China. About 3 years ago, they started having some "lockout/lockin" problems where people couldn't get out of their trailer and couldn't unlock it from the outside. They had a "model wide" recall and replaced a "HUGE" number of lock cylinders and locksets. That put them at a significant backlog for parts as well as inventory to provide to the RV manufacturers.

So, one solution was to find another supplier of locksets. FAP "just happened" to be producing locks and FASTEC started using them as well as the Chinese locksets. Since FAP is "relatively new" to the FASTEC line (about 18 months), there isn't a lot of "parts inventory" and from your experience a couple weeks ago, there isn't a lot of "factory knowledge" about their "relatively new" products.

Anyway, now you have the "Paul Harvey" rest of the story.......

Glad you got your problem solved !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:15 AM   #23
R&KFerguson

We have the exact lock & key set...our 3rd in 6 months...kept getting stuck in lock mode...had to dismantle lock handle to just close the door...will be replacing with something completely different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Cougar 5th Wheel 333MKS
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD dually
R&KFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:08 PM   #24
hdxbonez

I have them on my cougar as well. I found that if the screws used to assemble the two halves are too tight, the deadbolt is difficult to use. I've loosened the screws a little bit and the lock sets operate much better.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:22 AM   #25
Sulphur1

Same as 281Bullet - just ordered the same number key on eBay
Cheers
Jon
Sulphur1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 06:52 AM   #26
NJdudette

Angry

It's been 2 weeks and still no keys. I tried calling, but I'm getting a recording that no one is available. I'm searching eBay to see if I can get the keys. What a nightmare!!
Old 04-18-2016, 07:07 AM   #27
Desert185

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJdudette View Post
It's been 2 weeks and still no keys. I tried calling, but I'm getting a recording that no one is available. I'm searching eBay to see if I can get the keys. What a nightmare!!
Yet another use for Gorilla tape.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:02 AM   #28
NJdudette

Unhappy The key saga continues...

The key saga continues . It's been 5 weeks and still no key. I've tried calling and I've left messages and no call back. I attempted to buy a new door latch, but since Keystone used a door latch from Italy, the dimensions are different and I can't find one that will fit (they're all too small). I can't find replacement keys anywhere because FAP was new to Keystone and no one carries the key. I'm stuck, not to mention I'm nervous because I'm down to one key and if that breaks I'm screwed.

I'm going to send the company a certified letter, but I'm not sure what that will get me, probably more silence.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:44 AM   #29
JRTJH
Site Team

Try RV Locks and more http://www.rvlocksandmore.com/Global...s#.VzCvo7v2apo

You can call them at 888 400 9849.

It's been almost 2 months, if you can't get keys from this business, shoot me a PM and I'll locate a key for you.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:39 AM   #30
NJdudette

Thanks for your help, the website doesn't have the key I need. Appears Fastec didn't take that into consideration when they ordered locks from FAP in Italy - the keys are a rare commodity. I'll give them a call. Worse comes to worse, I found a FAP replacement entry door latch on eBay which will fit. Who would have thought getting a key would be so difficult??
Old 05-09-2016, 01:48 PM   #31
jje1960

Fastec

It was a couple of years ago, however I'm positive it was Fastec that I ordered extra keys for both front and rear doors in our SRX, they work perfectly.
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote