Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2019, 09:33 AM   #41
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by flrtrader View Post
Really?

As I just said in another post, I am trying to get some camera footage to see where the movement is coming from. It was installed by Zoomers RV in Wabash In. I was/am thinking it must be the attachment point where the pins are where it mounts to the rails.

I don’t have an Anderson but my Curt has a small amount of movement where it meets the rails. The noise comes mostly when starting and stopping. If the 5er is not attached I can make it duplicate the noise. There are rubber pads that can be bought/made to fit in between the rails and hitch to quiet it. They worked for me until the hitch cut them. I now look at these as an annual replacement item. They are not expensive. Something like this may work for you too.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 12:52 PM   #42
flrtrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbos View Post
I don’t have an Anderson but my Curt has a small amount of movement where it meets the rails. The noise comes mostly when starting and stopping. If the 5er is not attached I can make it duplicate the noise. There are rubber pads that can be bought/made to fit in between the rails and hitch to quiet it. They worked for me until the hitch cut them. I now look at these as an annual replacement item. They are not expensive. Something like this may work for you too.
Thanks So Much,

That is what I was thinking but everyone including Andersen Told me there should be 0 movement in the rail system. That is why I said I wanna film it. And yes most of mine IS when I start and stop. But also going down the road like going over a bridge/ Dip in the road. Does yours also do so?

Keith
flrtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 02:09 PM   #43
tech740

Quote:
Really?

As I just said in another post, I am trying to get some camera footage to see where the movement is coming from. It was installed by Zoomers RV in Wabash In. I was/am thinking it must be the attachment point where the pins are where it mounts to the rails.

Sorry I just have missed that reply. Best of luck. Happy new year.

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 03:58 PM   #44
Tbos

Quote:
Thanks So Much,

That is what I was thinking but everyone including Andersen Told me there should be 0 movement in the rail system. That is why I said I wanna film it. And yes most of mine IS when I start and stop. But also going down the road like going over a bridge/ Dip in the road. Does yours also do so?

Keith

When I start or stop it’s the most noticeable. I put some rubber numbers in between the hitch and the rails this week. While towing today there wasn’t a lot of noise. Just one joint still has some noise. Occasionally I will hear it when we we hit a bad spot in the road. I’ve never had another hitch so I can’t say it it isn’t supposed to have some noise in the joint. Curt sells pads so I’m confident it’s not just my rails and hitch.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 03:10 AM   #45
sweetlou

I have a 2012 3500 RE and did replace the carpet with plank flooring We don't have any problems so far. It sure gives us a different look ,and we are very happy with the change.
sweetlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:21 PM   #46
larryflew

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot51 View Post
Let me know what you find out about a retrofit on the 6 point leveler. My 2012 3500RE could use one.
Added 6 point hydraulic to our 2011 37 footer in 2013 and loving it. Had problems but Lippert sent guys to fix them 3 out of 3 time both in AZ and MN. Something with the jacks leaking through at that time. Been good for a few years now.

NOTE we had them leave the rear from the old factory system which really helps keep her stable.

Unfortunately health is gonna make this our last traveling winter and she will be up for sale in spring.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:07 PM   #47
flrtrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryflew View Post
Added 6 point hydraulic to our 2011 37 footer in 2013 and loving it. Had problems but Lippert sent guys to fix them 3 out of 3 time both in AZ and MN. Something with the jacks leaking through at that time. Been good for a few years now.

NOTE we had them leave the rear from the old factory system which really helps keep her stable.

Unfortunately health is gonna make this our last traveling winter and she will be up for sale in spring.
What did it cost you to have it installed?

Did your rig already have hydraulics on it? IE front jacks/slides ect?

Thanks
flrtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:45 AM   #48
Jamie & Nancy

Exclamation 2010 Keystone Alpine 3640RL

I have an issue with my unit that has one slide go in when the button is pushed out, the hydraulic lines must be switched for the dining room slide.

My question is, where are the lines located for the hydraulic unit, so I can switch the lines back to the correct orientation, thereby repairing the function.

Also, anyone know what size the plugs and caps should be for the hydraulic lines, so I can cap off all the slide functions to hook up only one at a time to run each slide independently?

We love our Alpine, but this issue is very frustrating, when setting up and taking the unit down for travel.
Jamie & Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:53 AM   #49
ddsoushek

We live in our Alpine full time in a permanent location. We love it!
ddsoushek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 11:05 AM   #50
Jamie & Nancy

Full time RV'ing

Hello to you,

What year is your Alpine and where are you full timing at?

Ours is 2010 and we are Rv'ing full time in Prince George, BC Canada, close to the 49th parallel, (to give Americans an idea of how far north we are).

Jamie & Nancy

PS I have bypassed the hydraulics using a plug and cap jic set up to avoid the missed set up for our dining room slide.
Old 10-05-2021, 11:43 AM   #51
ddsoushek

Fulltime living

We have a 2018 Alpine 3800 fk and LOVE it! We have been in it fulltime since it was delivered and we are fairly permanent! We are tied into water, septic and power. We are contractors so we added an out building that is "attached" to the back half that has a household furnace (tied into RV ducting), instant hot water for the shower and a full size W/D. We have a covered front deck/porch as well and the whole RV is covered. Since this pic was taken, we also have added concrete driveway and path around the side. We love Tiny Home livng!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_F11127E0-81D9-422F-9A46-2DB0C44D79A3.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	380.6 KB
ID:	36248  
Old 10-05-2021, 12:08 PM   #52
Jamie & Nancy

Smile Full timing

Your outfit looks very impressive!

Ours is a 3640RL

it is an open concept rear living unit, we have a built in washer/dryer combo unit and are setup in an RV park (rented pad, wifi, electric, sewer, water, garbage all included and only sales tax on the rent portion), here in Prince George, BC. We put a brand new RV furnace in the unit 42,000 BTU's last winter, have 2' block insulation on the slides and are enjoying our RV lifestyle as well. We moved in in July 2020 and lived through last winter, had a few challenges, (furnace quitting among them), but have enjoyed it immensely and met lots of great people too!

No Pics on my computer sadly.

Best regards, Jamie & Nancy
Old 10-05-2021, 01:02 PM   #53
ddsoushek

Sounds like a great setup! We had nothing but issues with the furnace that came with ours, which is why we got the household one. We had the dealer replace the one it came with and it lasted only a couple days before it quit firing again. I believe it's a design flaw, from what I read. We like our household furnace much better! We have a propane tank, so we run on that and have propane refilled every month or 2. Our model is a front kitchen, which completely sold me on it! Our bedroom is in the back and the middle is all living space with high ceilings. Very comfortable! My kitchen is quite large - even larger than the duplex one of my daughters lived in! We wish we had the upgraded insulation, but we have discovered a system that keeps us toasty warm all winter. The furnace definitely helps. We added insulated blinds with boxes around them to prevent draftiness, we added insulated skirting all around, and thick throw rugs in the living area. We run our fireplace almost 24/7 on the colder days, as well as a couple radiant heaters. Even in freezing temps and snow, we are plenty warm. We've been here since March 2018. We talked initially about traveling in it, but since we are so permanent, we would have to make many adjustments. I think we will either rent it out or Airbnb it someday and just leave it here! Our rent for the space is very affordable.

My biggest challenge these days is the fridge. I'm looking to replace it with a residential one. The size isn't the problem - it's that it's not frost free and I get tired of the inconsistent temps. If we were just weekend travelers or even a month or 2 at a time, it would probably be fine. But fulltime - no so much.

Warmly,
Debbie & Dave