Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2014, 03:04 AM   #21
notanlines

Whitehat, your comment made both Brenda and I laugh out loud. Nothing like taking all the fun out of camping so that your carpet will look "new" for years to come. I simply cannot imagine telling all the people that hang around out unit that they can't come in unless they take off their shoes and then put on a pair of socks.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #22
JeffS

Because of my wife's hip replacements we do not want anything on the carpeted stairs that could cause a tripping hazard. At our stage in life safety is more important that extending the life of the carpet.
However, we do keep slippers by the exit door and change from shoes to those upon entry.
Huntley, Illinois
formerly Norton Shores, Michigan
JeffS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:22 PM   #23
denverpilot

Carpet is replaceable. Friends aren't. We welcome anyone in our home or trailer, however they are shod.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:11 AM   #24
buckeyebobhockingcamper

carpet steps

well,i must be a redneck!!!i dont own any slippers,my wife tries to make me take my shoes off when entering camper and i do.but if i need to use the bathroom i dont remove my shoes unless they are muddy.she puts a towel on steps(great trip hazzard)so the towell sees any dirt.she tries hard to domesticate me but we have only been married for 37 years!i also cut deer meat up on counter top in our home.ya gotta draw a line in the sand somewhere or they will have you take a shower to enter the camper,and speaking of showers ,she sqeegees the complete shower everytime she uses it,and i use the campground shower cuz i am not gonna do that each time !!!!!!
buckeyebobhockingcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #25
thewhitehat

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Whitehat, your comment made both Brenda and I laugh out loud. Nothing like taking all the fun out of camping so that your carpet will look "new" for years to come. I simply cannot imagine telling all the people that hang around out unit that they can't come in unless they take off their shoes and then put on a pair of socks.
I guess that's the difference in our camping styles (and our friends). I have a great group of friends who have never minded taking their shoes off to enter my trailer, and I do the same for them. Mutual respect for each other's property. If they're really friends, they won't feel put out at such a simple request. And I'm selective about who I call "friends" and who I allow into my rig. Perhaps my law enforcement background has made me a bit more paranoid than some, but I would never consider opening the door of my personal area to just any yahoo that happens to show up at my campsite with a six pack.
wife, son, new dog, me

thewhitehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 01:24 PM   #26
theasphaltrv'er

I did similar to what Rhagfo did.... not only to save the carpet but ours had only one step. I didn't remove the old step I added a second step which makes it easier to go up and down. Each step went from 9 1/2 inches high to 6 3/4.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0023.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	7616   Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0028.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	7617   Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0031.jpg
Views:	75