Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2014, 02:35 PM   #1
mattchew1296

Paint Color Codes for Copper Canyon

Hi, I am one of the many people out there that have peeling decals on our keystone fifth wheel and Keystone doesn't want to help with solving the issue.

What I want to do is paint some of the areas that the decals were, with colors from the fifth wheel

I have a 2009 Copper Canyon 298fwbhs and would like the codes for the indicated colors in my pictures.

Thanks for you help if possible
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	colors.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	5143   Click image for larger version

Name:	color2.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	5144   Click image for larger version

Name:	color3.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	5145  
mattchew1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:34 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchew1296 View Post
Hi, I am one of the many people out there that have peeling decals on our keystone fifth wheel and Keystone doesn't want to help with solving the issue.

What I want to do is paint some of the areas that the decals were, with colors from the fifth wheel

I have a 2009 Copper Canyon 298fwbhs and would like the codes for the indicated colors in my pictures.

Thanks for you help if possible
mattchew1296 -
Keystone is not likely to replace your decals since the RV is long past the 1 year warranty period. Have you requested the color codes from them and they are unwilling to provide you with this information?
If you can't get the color codes from them, can you take a small sample of each of the decals that you want to repaint to a paint store and ask them if they can get a match for you. Rather than painting a part of one decal and leaving the "good" one intact, would it be worthwhile considering painting both decals so you will end up with at least a "perfect" color match. Oftentimes, it is easier to repaint the whole thing rather than a single one or trying to match up colors.

Ever thought about taking your RV to an auto body paint shop to see what they might be able to do? I would imagine this would be pretty pricey.

I believe if you do a search of eBay, you might find some decals for sale that would match your RV. Just a thought.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
Trent McCain

If it were me, I'd try and find a commercial graphics shop. I own operate a trucking company and have a local shop do my graphics on the trucks. My oldest KW was ordered new in Dec '08 and signage was installed at that time. 5 years and 400k+ mileage later they still look good. The material a professional shop uses is much higher quality and available in almost unlimited colors. My shop added my company logo on our coach and the colors match perfect. In all fairness the factory decals on our '08 Copper Canyon are holding up well, but its in storage from Nov-April, and cleaned / waxed yearly. I've considered removing the murals and a few stripes as I feel it would look "cleaner" without them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Trent McCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:07 PM   #4
mattchew1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
mattchew1296 -
Keystone is not likely to replace your decals since the RV is long past the 1 year warranty period. Have you requested the color codes from them and they are unwilling to provide you with this information?
If you can't get the color codes from them, can you take a small sample of each of the decals that you want to repaint to a paint store and ask them if they can get a match for you. Rather than painting a part of one decal and leaving the "good" one intact, would it be worthwhile considering painting both decals so you will end up with at least a "perfect" color match. Oftentimes, it is easier to repaint the whole thing rather than a single one or trying to match up colors.

Ever thought about taking your RV to an auto body paint shop to see what they might be able to do? I would imagine this would be pretty pricey.

I believe if you do a search of eBay, you might find some decals for sale that would match your RV. Just a thought.
No, I havent asked them yet about the color codes, I have only had discussions on the decals.

...I did have the same thought that if i wanted to match a decals color, i would peel both off and then paint them with the same paint.

We will see what will happen when the good weather comes. as we just have gotten a huge dump of snow
Old 02-23-2014, 10:28 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

One alternative place to get decals and possibly information about them is from Trekwood. They are a "surplus Keystone supplier" the decal page for Copper Canyon 2009 models is here:

http://www.trekwood.com/parts-search...23+%2F+Keyword

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:07 PM   #6
mattchew1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
One alternative place to get decals and possibly information about them is from Trekwood. They are a "surplus Keystone supplier" the decal page for Copper Canyon 2009 models is here:

http://www.trekwood.com/parts-search...23+%2F+Keyword
I did come across them after lots of searching, but they are a little expenisve.

I selected ones that I would need and just waiting to here back from them about shipping.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:26 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Many print shops now do graphics overlays and can work with vinyl. Some have even gone into the "decal business" and can produce replica decals from photographs of an item. I would guess that there's a business doing that somewhere near you. I'd also guess that their vinyl stock is of a higher quality than the original. So, depending on what Trekwood quotes you, you might be able to get a better quality decal for a cheaper price from a print shop that's located, "down the street".

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:57 PM   #8
mattchew1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Many print shops now do graphics overlays and can work with vinyl. Some have even gone into the "decal business" and can produce replica decals from photographs of an item. I would guess that there's a business doing that somewhere near you. I'd also guess that their vinyl stock is of a higher quality than the original. So, depending on what Trekwood quotes you, you might be able to get a better quality decal for a cheaper price from a print shop that's located, "down the street".
Got a response back from them and it was only going to be $35 shipping.

......time to consider options

Tags
copper canyon, decals, paint