Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2013, 06:10 AM   #1
GAGirl

Ordered Outback Terrain this week

Hello all - we just ordered our Outback Terrain this week - it will be built in mid January - have tent camped and pop-upped in years past but now we are retired and want to see more of the USA - been traveling and cruising all these years and ready to relax and have some camping fun again. Thanks to all who post on these forums as I have learned a lot in last 6 months while researching tow restrictions, campers, etc. etc. etc. Know that the Outback Terrain is new to the TT world but if anyone has one - we have ordered the 273 TRL model, would love to hear from you. I will post on another thread for queries - look forward to reading and learning more as time goes on.
GAGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
antiqfreq

Welcome from Central Georgia !

Jo

ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
Kristi

from Oklahoma. Congrats!

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
GaryWT

Congrats and welcome. Hope it all works out for you.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #5
kandd

Congrats also. DW and I bought a 321TBH in october. We have only had it out 6 nights so far. Only have found a couple small interior trim issues.
kandd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
J&A

Congratulations & Welcome! We bought our Terrain 299TBH in October and we've been out in it a couple of weekends. No major issues so far, as expected. Only a couple of minor issues that are covered under warranty.

We like your floor plan and we were considering buying it but turns out the rest of the family got excited about camping and traveling again so we decided for the bunk house instead. We're enjoying it.

We've added very few but needed accessories since we bought it. I'll probably post our first impressions on another thread. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Safe travels!

In search of my next RV
SOLD! - 2013 Terrain 299TBH
SOLD! - 2002 Chevy Tahoe 5.3L
J&A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
crash

to the forum from the Mid Atlantic,Congrats on your new camper.
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #8
DrFaustus

Welcome to Terrain Ownership

Hi there and welcome to Terrain ownership. We LOVE LOVE LOVE our Terrain. The DW, Kids and I bought a 321TBH. We have had it out several times and its just so nice to camp in. The Amenities for a light weight trailer are the best. I have only ran into a couple of minor interior problems easily fixable. Be warned that when you turn the heater on the first couple of times it will set the smoke alarm off due to the burning off of the factory paint or lubricant that comes with it. Ours has two slideouts and with the main slideout out the space inside is very comfortable for us 5. Do yourself a favor and go ahead and order you a new mattress for the Queen bed. We purchased this one from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/DynastyMattres...en+RV+Mattress

It fits well in the master bedroom and is VERY comfortable to sleep on. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. We LOVE to camp and love to hear from other folks that have Terrains.

ENJOY!
DrFaustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
SAABDOCTOR

HI and to the forum from the cold northeast!! Nice Christmas present you got enjoy all the comforts
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:08 AM   #10
GAGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFaustus View Post
Hi there and welcome to Terrain ownership. We LOVE LOVE LOVE our Terrain. The DW, Kids and I bought a 321TBH. We have had it out several times and its just so nice to camp in. The Amenities for a light weight trailer are the best. I have only ran into a couple of minor interior problems easily fixable. Be warned that when you turn the heater on the first couple of times it will set the smoke alarm off due to the burning off of the factory paint or lubricant that comes with it. Ours has two slideouts and with the main slideout out the space inside is very comfortable for us 5. Do yourself a favor and go ahead and order you a new mattress for the Queen bed. We purchased this one from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/DynastyMattres...en+RV+Mattress

It fits well in the master bedroom and is VERY comfortable to sleep on. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. We LOVE to camp and love to hear from other folks that have Terrains.

ENJOY!
Thanks for the tip on the heater - we will be using it a couple of nites after receipt to do some shakedown stuff before we take on road to Ft. Myers beach for two weeks in February. They pushed back the build date a couple of weeks don;t know why but we hope to get by early Feb. 2014. They have changed the cabinetry and removed the front gelcap - but we are happy with the changes, especially the darker morgan cherry cabinets - I also like the new trim on the ceiling and the brushed silver pulls and hardware. Just wish it was here already - hard not getting the Christmas present on time!!!
GAGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #11
DrFaustus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGirl View Post
Thanks for the tip on the heater - we will be using it a couple of nites after receipt to do some shakedown stuff before we take on road to Ft. Myers beach for two weeks in February. They pushed back the build date a couple of weeks don;t know why but we hope to get by early Feb. 2014. They have changed the cabinetry and removed the front gelcap - but we are happy with the changes, especially the darker morgan cherry cabinets - I also like the new trim on the ceiling and the brushed silver pulls and hardware. Just wish it was here already - hard not getting the Christmas present on time!!!
You are most welcome. I am glad we got ours before they removed the front cap. I really think it makes the rig look super tight. Hope you enjoy yours!
I also found out that they have stopped making the 321TBH, which in my opinion was a mistake. Its a GREAT floor plan for an ultralight.
DrFaustus is offline   Reply With Quote